PDA

View Full Version : From the Bigger must be better files.

jdels
02-19-2023, 11:14 AM
This falls right in with 6'' shells. For the last few years I have been making my own wheels using fountains. This years pick is Blackout by Shogun. When they showed up I was shocked at the size. No worries! Small tube glued into bigger tube. For my purpose glad they are but I found this one exceptionally funny. Second two pics are small line rocket motors to help get things going. Last is a wheel from last year.

Mattp
02-21-2023, 11:32 AM
that really is pretty comical,, its less then half the size!!!! it does seem alot of companies are reversing this trend, due to all the rising costs,, it really is such an unnecessary waste of paper, and shipping space... got any videos of those wheels in action,, seems like a cool project to do!!

jdels
02-21-2023, 07:00 PM
that really is pretty comical,, its less then half the size!!!! it does seem alot of companies are reversing this trend, due to all the rising costs,, it really is such an unnecessary waste of paper, and shipping space... got any videos of those wheels in action,, seems like a cool project to do!!

Here is my very first try from two years ago using Jumpin Jelly Beans. I'll try to find last years.

https://youtu.be/nOzwwW3p5Uk

Icooclast
02-22-2023, 07:18 AM
very nice, the only wheel i had from a long time ago wasn't so good, the problem with this is there not a wooden post or such to nail it to (other than power poles) and lets just say i am thinking that would be a disaster, lol

Mattp
02-24-2023, 02:27 PM
Those are very cool,, definitely seems like a fun project!!

Arclight
02-25-2023, 12:38 PM
very nice, the only wheel i had from a long time ago wasn't so good, the problem with this is there not a wooden post or such to nail it to (other than power poles) and lets just say i am thinking that would be a disaster, lol

Try pounding in a T-post if you need a support where one doesn't exist right now. You can pull it out with a farm jack later.

Zippster
03-03-2023, 05:12 PM
Never thought about rocket motor to get the show spinning, very cool. Thanks

jdels
03-03-2023, 06:48 PM
Never thought about rocket motor to get the show spinning, very cool. Thanks

They are line rocket motors, no hit at the end for parachute deploy.

Zippster
03-07-2023, 10:31 AM
Thanks, also didnt think about the parachute wad.