PDA

View Full Version : Shelf life for MJG Initiators

MontanaMike
02-07-2023, 01:41 AM
Assuming they are kept dry and cool, is there any limit on the shelf life on the MJG Initiators? I just found a couple boxes I ordered in early '21 (from Cobra) that I didn't realize I still had.

I did a search on the forums for this topic and found a thread on fireworks themselves, but not the Initiators.

Robbro097
02-07-2023, 02:35 AM
If i recall they say on the box (dont have a box handybat the moment) recomending using them within i think 2 years or so. I just used used a bunch this past season that i bought back in 2018 and they all fired. Except 1 i had to replace that had no continuity but i dont imagine that had anything to do with being old.

BMoore
02-07-2023, 10:10 AM
I see no reason why they would go bad as long as they are kept dry. I seem to recall MJG mentioning that they still had igniters from their first batch over 10 years old that still work fine.

hatsgoods
02-07-2023, 07:39 PM
I'm not sure to your question but i just shot a hand full of some 3ft and 7ft mjg's i had for a bit and the date on the inside of the box was September 14 of 2019 and all worked for me.