PDA

View Full Version : Nice to see good discounts

Otherone65
02-01-2023, 11:46 PM
I'm glad to see that prices are coming down or at least not increasing, as well as good discounts being offered for bulk purchases. I've placed a couple orders with American Wholesale Fireworks, and am finalizing an order with WFBOOM as well. They have both been offering some solid discounts. Should be a fun 4th! Nice to be able to get some decent pricing again.

Engineer Cat
02-04-2023, 10:44 PM
Is the OtherOne a Grateful Dead reference?

I just got a updated price list from a vendor that is in my club. Currently we get the B list pricing without having to buy minimums so I can buy just 1 case and still get that discount. Plus 20%. Out of curiosity I was looking at a 6/1 assortment called Fruit Punch from Magna. My cost is $96. Retail the best price I found was from AWF at $177 (This doesn't include any discounts they may provide). That's a good price for retail buyers. HOWEVER I also came across a vendor that is trying to completely rip people off. They want $599 for the same case. Absolutely ridiculous. The going rate for 1 of these cakes is around $47.50 without any discounts. So if you bought all 6 individually you are paying $285.

Newbies who don't know any better are just getting killed by overpriced product. You really need to be in the know, and do research, or join a pyro club to get your hands on the best prices.

PG2159
02-04-2023, 11:57 PM
Is the OtherOne a Grateful Dead reference?

I just got a updated price list from a vendor that is in my club. Currently we get the B list pricing without having to buy minimums so I can buy just 1 case and still get that discount. Plus 20%. Out of curiosity I was looking at a 6/1 assortment called Fruit Punch from Magna. My cost is $96. Retail the best price I found was from AWF at $177 (This doesn't include any discounts they may provide). That's a good price for retail buyers. HOWEVER I also came across a vendor that is trying to completely rip people off. They want $599 for the same case. Absolutely ridiculous. The going rate for 1 of these cakes is around $47.50 without any discounts. So if you bought all 6 individually you are paying $285.

Newbies who don't know any better are just getting killed by overpriced product. You really need to be in the know, and do research, or join a pyro club to get your hands on the best prices.

Couldn’t have said it better. You have to talk to people. Make phone calls. If you guys are paying that much $$ you would blow your lid if you get a good legit wholesale company. Where in PA are you?

Otherone65
02-07-2023, 03:12 PM
Engineer Cat - Good catch on the Grateful Dead reference! I always work at least one Dead tune into the show. I genuinely feel bad for the people that don't know about wholesale pricing, or deal with stores that take advantage of them. WFBoom is running a sale through tomorrow with 40% of cases with no minimum purchase. From there it goes by certain sales amounts. I just picked up an order from American Wholesale Fireworks today and they had some great sales in January, and do a tiered discount system based on your lifetime order history.

I try and educate customers that come to my store as well as friends and family to shop around and not get taken by the so-called deals at some of the stores. I'm definitely looking forward to a bigger show than last year with the savings over last year's prices.

Otherone65
02-07-2023, 03:13 PM
PG2159- I'm about an hour North of Pittsburgh. Where are you at?

PG2159
02-07-2023, 04:51 PM
Other side of the state. Allentown area.

JohnJr88
02-16-2023, 09:43 PM
"the heat came round and busted me for smiling on a cloudy day" One of my favorites.

I'm curious about the "Clubs". I am using Spirit of '76 for now and they seem to have okay prices. I really like their Sky Bacon line.

Any other companies/brands I should be looking at? I know Shogun, Brothers, Winda are all good brands from what I've seen.

Otherone65
02-17-2023, 08:51 AM
JohnJr- Definitely a great lyric! As far as clubs, I don't have any input regarding those. Some other brands that I have used and had good luck with are: AFW, Firehawk, Dominator, Raccoon, and Miracle. I'm sure I'm forgetting a couple of other ones as well, but the ones I mentioned have all been good. I just picked up some Tannerite 1.4 Articles of pyrotechnics product too, but haven't had a chance to try it out yet.