PDA

View Full Version : Is it ever going to get better???

cody138
01-31-2023, 12:44 AM
Go figure after years of doing 1.4 shows and just looking at all the 1.3 product that was out there and available I make my move and get my type 54 put in a magazine and COVID hits. Now I just watch old videos and look at old pricing and available 1.3 product that could have been. Sorry just kind of sad lol. On a legit note how much longer does everyone think till the supply chain gets better?

BMoore
01-31-2023, 09:30 AM
I think the supply chain issues have improved greatly over the past year. Have you spoken to your distributor? A lot of the delayed orders from 2021-2022 seem to have started showing up last last summer and fall. I've been able to order almost everything I wanted for 2023 other than salutes which has nothing to do with supply chain issues. Pricing is still high and it may be that way for a while but it does seem to be stabilizing.

Mattp
02-01-2023, 11:09 AM
I agree with bmoore… comparing to last year and especially the year before… things are way better.. stock seems to be coming in regularly ,,it’s still not where they used to be… especially the prices,, but have you seen the prices of… EVERYTHING!!

Engineer Cat
02-02-2023, 04:41 PM
Read an article today that the party is over for the shipping container industry. Because of their ridiculous prices they can't get their containers full so now they are dropping prices like gangbusters. There will still be a bit of an added fuel charge because of the cost of gas but those high prices are going to be dropping fairly quickly.

cody138
02-02-2023, 11:03 PM
I agree it is better and I understand the prices and they are what they are, I am going to pay it either way but I still feel the availability of product is way low compared to 2 years ago when I started using 1.3.

Mattp
02-03-2023, 02:49 PM
Yes,, compared to pre pandemic .. definitely.. especially salute items!!!

BMoore
02-03-2023, 04:05 PM
I've placed most of my orders for 2023 and most of my old favorites are back in stock along with a lot of new items. A lot may have to do with the ordering strategies of your distributor. With orders stuck in limbo, I'm sure a lot of their decisions on what to order and when became somewhat of a guessing game. The salute issue is not pandemic related. Salutes over a certain size (2" I think) have been classified by China as 1.1 explosives and can't be shipped. China has been in full control the last couple of years thanks to the massive supply & demand problem working in their favor. As the pendulum slowly swings back towards the consumer, expect importers to resume lobbying to get what we want. We're already seeing a return of thunderkings this year as well as Articles of Pyrotechnics. We've got a way to go, but I'm feeling VERY good about 2023 in comparison to 2021-2022.

Salutecake
02-04-2023, 08:59 AM
Yep, things certainly seem to be getting better. I wonder how some places are selling their product. What I mean, I bet a lot of places have product from last year and paid a premium for shipping, raising the cost - now shipping prices are down so what about the new price of products being shipped in now?