PDA

View Full Version : Is there a "sweet spot" time to place fireworks orders?

MontanaMike
01-26-2023, 09:26 PM
Looks like product is going to be much more plentiful this year than last year, but I'm just wondering if there is a typical "best time" of the season when selection is at its peak? Is there a typical date that you should definitely order before then to get the best selection? I want to wait until as much stuff as possible is in stock but I don't want to wait TOO long, ya know?

We buy most of our goodies from wfboom.com.

PG2159
01-26-2023, 10:22 PM
I recall reading a post last year of a pallet stash around March that said something along the lines of "if you have made your order your behind the 8 ball". I have all my product purchased and in storage. But it depends on you. Do you have the storage? Are there must have product you want? Do you want to maximize your stash? All factors roll into product availbility and your timing of purchase. I know my supplier had more product coming in February, but I had already scripted my music to what I had planned on buying. I had to rethink two cases of product but I think it worked out for me in the long run.

Birdman
01-27-2023, 09:08 AM
There's other's that have been at this a lot longer then me but in my experience it's generally between now and before memorial day. A lot depends on where you're shopping and the timing of their sales and shipments.

BMoore
01-27-2023, 10:06 AM
Typically, March 1 - April 30 seemed optimal. That's when maximum product would have arrived, but before the Memorial Day crowd starts shopping. Also, pay attention to any demo dates your distributor has as there will be a big rush following the demo. The last few year's it's been an order what you can when you can mentality. Shortages seem to be easing for 2023, but who knows how the consumer market is going to behave so I'm still following the buy early and often strategy.

Wholesale Fireworks
01-27-2023, 10:11 AM
If you want to save money....WFBOOM is offering a 40% discount on any size order RIGHT NOW until February 8th 2023
We will still have specials running all Spring so check us out http://www.wfboom.com

captainpryo
01-27-2023, 11:11 AM
I would say March-May is the best time for the most available/variety of product. I know some places do sales earlier then that, but if you look out there there are many wholesalers that offer you low pricing all year no matter the size of the order. I know of some that you can start ordering in the fall and keep adding through the spring and they will hold your order until everything is in to ship out, but not a lot of companies don't do that. It sounds like you have a great relationship with a wholesaler already, maybe reach out to them and see what they say to you.

Mattp
01-27-2023, 12:28 PM
being that you order from wfboom already.. you should take advantage of the 40% off sale.. its almost too good not to,.. then you can get a little more pyro...and/or save some budget for a month or two when possible new shipments/products come in .... thats exactly what im about to do with a company closer to me about to have the same sale... but to answer your original question.. i agree with others.. id say anytime from now to memorial day is BEST

displayfireworks1
01-27-2023, 03:15 PM
If you have money and storage now Feb is the best time. If you have a local mom and pop fireworks and they are closed this time of year. That is also a good time , but again you need funding. Read that sign on the door that say "Sorry we are Closed but call this number for service". Call , tell them how much you have to spend and see what they can offer you for discount. On a cold winter day they may drive down and make you a good deal if the funding is there.
On these large distributors , look at their price list , many are outlined out for amount you spend and the time of the year you are buying. Its no secret. It is like any consumer product, supply-demand amount you purchase and other economic forces. This is always the upside of professional fireworks, most distributors of pro products have one price all year. Although I'm sure if you a bigger player in pro products you can negotiate a better deal on pro products also, but that is not going to advertised.

Icooclast
01-27-2023, 07:46 PM
well i was told april would be the best time to get a good price and most stock would be in, so i agree with what's been said. a few places told me that

Sassy Hatter OZFL
01-28-2023, 09:36 AM
In the past, I have purchased in april/may but with designing/choreographing etc. I've already made the bulk of my purchases for 23, including enough for vets day and new year. I have found that 2500 to 3000 is about the sweet spot to start getting the better discounts, and one distributor who I believe is a sponsor here, offers lifetime tier pricing, so you can work your way into a lower price tier over a few purchases.

Zippster
02-03-2023, 04:09 PM
Right now with Ray from WFBoom, by far the best bang for your buck. Allows you to put on a huge show for less than a small one at full price. Great service and products too.