PDA

View Full Version : Adult Snaps Banned in the UK (2022)

FinnAmerican
01-21-2023, 02:05 PM
Firecrackers ("Bangers") were banned in the UK in 1997.

And now:
Adult Red Cracker Snaps ("Throwdowns") Recalled/Banned in the United Kingdom, February 2022

HAZARD:
The product does not meet the physical description of a throwdown or the construction criteria required by the relevant standard. The product poses a high risk of burns should the discharge of the throwdown touch the skin if the product is mishandled, modified or misused. The product also poses a risk of damage of hearing as the product exceeds safe noise emission limit of 120dB.

FinnAmerican
01-21-2023, 02:08 PM
Canada also has a Firecracker ban since the early 70's. Adult Snaps are banned as well.

Birdman
01-21-2023, 02:21 PM
I always keep some adult snaps around for the grand kids....and myself of course. Seems silly to me to ban these.

displayfireworks1
01-21-2023, 02:36 PM
Some fireworks stores and importers will not stock them. It may be children will chew them or similar reasoning

thomask280
01-22-2023, 02:57 PM
Some fireworks stores and importers will not stock them. It may be children will chew them or similar reasoning
Are the paper wad snaps illegal as well as the paper tube snaps as well?

FinnAmerican
01-22-2023, 09:46 PM
No, the white tissue paper "Throwdowns" Snaps are legal but I think children must be 16 years old to purchase them in the UK.

jamisonlm3
01-29-2023, 02:20 AM
The product does not meet the physical description of a throwdown or the construction criteria required by the relevant standard. The product poses a high risk of burns should the discharge of the throwdown touch the skin if the product is mishandled, modified or misused. The product also poses a risk of damage of hearing as the product exceeds safe noise emission limit of 120dB.Can't the guys over there get some pretty good stuff? They might as well do the same for the vast majority of fireworks sold there.

displayfireworks1
01-30-2023, 03:47 PM
I know a lot of people like those throw down firecrackers I don't get it but each his own. Speaking of throw down firecrackers I always like this Fred Astaire routine from 1942.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LxlaCBhekU

FinnAmerican
01-30-2023, 04:42 PM
Some dancer should reenact that Astaire routine on YT. Using firecrackers.

RalphieJ
01-30-2023, 08:23 PM
Some dancer should reenact that Astaire routine on YT. Using firecrackers.

Before the dance you see Fred fill his pockets from a box of them. My wife had them as a kid, she said they were almost as loud as a cherry bomb. We had the silver Globe torpedoes, those babies were as loud as silver salutes. They came packed in sawdust to prevent detonation during shipment. We use to lay them in the road, hide, and when run over they'd pull over to check their tires. What a blast we had back then, pun intended.