PDA

View Full Version : Willow charcoal ripoff

TheSandmanIsMe
01-20-2023, 10:15 PM
On the 2nd of this month i purchased, online, 8# of willow lump charcoal. The name of the business is
Customcharcoal.com theyre in northern California, Shasta area. They were a reputable business in the past,
However I still havent recieved my order ($45.00). They never gave me tracking information or updates on
shipping time. They dont reply to my many emails and their phone is always a busy signal. Just a heads up
if youre thinking about doing business with them. Im not happy.

displayfireworks1
01-22-2023, 10:18 PM
I am looking to add a fireworks chemical seller to pyrotalk , why I don't know. My assessment of the fireworks making hobby is no where near what it was at one time. I can't tell you how many people I helped get ATF licensed, as soon as they were licensed they had no need for fireworks chemicals. Now they just buy all of their fireworks. There are now fireworks chemicals all over the place. No one wants them and the ones that have them want them gone. These chemicals are just out there sitting and sitting. The last fireworks chemical seller I had advertise with me, those hateful fireworks makers in their special tent at the PGI ( AKA Conduit ) put so much pressure on the seller to leave pyrotalk he quit a few months into our advertising contract and didn't care if he lost his money. Does that sound like someone trying to promote pyrotechnics? That whole PGI (Conduit) is a facade that they want to promote anything related to making fireworks.
I don't want anyone to mention any fireworks chemical sellers he should patronize. Please just do a simple search for fireworks chemicals , there are many.

Engineer Cat
01-24-2023, 02:34 AM
Interesting enough I was just talking with PyroJoeNEPA about a building workshop our club is looking to start for members that what to learn how to build. So if you know of people looking to donate chemicals to get rid of them we would be interested in getting them for our workshop.

displayfireworks1
01-24-2023, 12:51 PM
There a group of people in the fireworks trade organizations I respect and they can confidentially approach me to give me advice or guidance anytime. I just do not say who they are.
I was told any transfer of large amounts of fireworks chemicals has to go to an established ATF license holder. And it makes sense, look what these amateur terrorist do taking apart Consumer Fireworks. Now you throw a large amount of undocumented oxidizers and fuels out there, not a good practice. There are also established ATF license holders that have contacted me trying to sell their chemicals because the ATF keeps telling them during inspections they are tired of counting the shit every inspection. “Do something with them” They want me to help sell it for money, I’m like sell it for money, you’ll be lucky if I find someone to take them for free.
You have to be careful, if you get bitten by this making fireworks bug, you’ll buy all sorts of stuff and chemicals and maybe make a few things and lose interest. Now you will be sitting on all of these chemicals for years. I cleared out one years ago. He had all those making fireworks DVD’s and books from American Fireworks News, ball mills, chemicals, cardboard shells and more. The man purchased my ATF DVD package, obtained a license and just buys his 1.3 products and never looked back. Years back one of the internet chemical seller told me most of his customers currently are schools, colleges and major organizations rather than individual hobbyist. It was the opposite in the early 2000 and prior.
It would be interesting to do a survey monkey among pyro enthusiast to when they last used fireworks chemicals (other than a firecracker) and how old is the oldest chemical in their collection.

Engineer Cat
01-24-2023, 09:42 PM
The officers in the club have their ATF. PyroJoeNFPA also has it and he's the one that is prepping for our club to have this workshop. I'm sure he will reach out to you about this.

They are also helping me to get my 54 going. I'm not all that interest in building myself but I would go to the workshop to watch.

displayfireworks1
01-24-2023, 10:07 PM
I realized I still have some of items that newly licensed ATF holder gave up in addition to his chemicals when he received his license . Talking about it brought back the memory. LOL
/