PDA

View Full Version : Ordering from Spirit of 76 from Florida?

PyroFL
01-19-2023, 09:03 PM
I am about halfway done with scripting for the 4th and it seems that AWS doesnt have everything I need.

I did find what I was looking for at 76 but am having a problem spending almost $300 in shipping for 7 items.

Anyone ordering from 76 within 2-3 hour drive from Central Florida? Dont mind cheaping in for shipping but $300 for 7 cases is a little crazy!

I see the $300 covers upto 7 pallets and am only looking for not even a 1/2 pallets worth

PyroFL
01-21-2023, 06:51 AM
Thanks to someone on the board I’ve got my order placed.

thank you …

Icooclast
01-21-2023, 12:37 PM
glad it worked out. just here to say that 76 is a really good company to order with and deal with. their customer service is awesome if you ever have questions or problems they will sort it all out :)

PyroFL
01-21-2023, 01:51 PM
glad it worked out. just here to say that 76 is a really good company to order with and deal with. their customer service is awesome if you ever have questions or problems they will sort it all out :)

76 is amazing company and I wish they had worked with me when I first started out doing bigger shows but there company "rules" wouldn't let it happen.

So I went down the list of suppliers here on PT that Dave has and AWS was the only company willing to work with me as I built up from $2,000 orders just a few short years ago to now this year we should be over $10,000.

AWS 100% has my loyalty for 95-100% of my orders each year moving forward and I've even told the owner John that.

76 didn't do anything wrong, it just didn't work out

Now that I am over 10K for my orders I would get a lot better deal then before with 76, but AWS was there for me from the start so I cant see myself ever switching ... that means a lot more to me then saving a few bucks now that am in a high order price range with 76.

displayfireworks1
01-21-2023, 02:42 PM
Thanks to whomever organized that deal to help with a purchase from one of my advertisers. Another reason to add at least your state of location on your visible profile. Not only does it give credibility to you and the entire forum members it helps network with other members that may be near you.

Arclight
01-21-2023, 03:01 PM
Thanks to whomever organized that deal to help with a purchase from one of my advertisers. Another reason to add at least your state of location on your visible profile. Not only does it give credibility to you and the entire forum members it helps network with other members that may be near you.

It's hard to do anything with pyro/explosives as a small player. I'm glad this forum is here.

displayfireworks1
01-21-2023, 04:09 PM
Most of my advertisers have been with me for years. The good news pyrotalk is open to new advertisers. If you out there in the pyro related business send me an email from my contact page

PyroFL
01-21-2023, 04:21 PM
It's hard to do anything with pyro/explosives as a small player. I'm glad this forum is here.

I would 100% agree with you on that.

Personally I got on PT to find like minded people to learn and make my show even better. Also I was hoping to join or be part of a group making large orders to get discounts which wasnt fruitful.

Even talking to the local tent owners and a few local stores in Florida all of them had the same answer, we can make a deal when you come back with more money.

Then I started calling all over the US with no luck.

So my new though was to personally email Dave asking about books to buy and he hooked me up with a gentleman that did have a lot of books with his wife, I purchased a pro-firing system, then I did Dave AP class and then joined PGI.

When calling now I had skin in the game and wasnt just another backyard guy looking for a discount.

Being very persistent and not taking no for an answer, I went down Dave's list and just started calling them all and it paid off in the end.

People/companies will work with newbe pyros, you just need to keep asking and asking until you get a yes. Have a plan when you call them that makes it a win-win

Have skin in the game and not just another guy that likes to shoot off fireworks with your friends on the 4th.

displayfireworks1
01-21-2023, 07:37 PM
I would 100% agree with you on that.

Personally I got on PT to find like minded people to learn and make my show even better. Also I was hoping to join or be part of a group making large orders to get discounts which wasnt fruitful.

Even talking to the local tent owners and a few local stores in Florida all of them had the same answer, we can make a deal when you come back with more money.

Then I started calling all over the US with no luck.

So my new though was to personally email Dave asking about books to buy and he hooked me up with a gentleman that did have a lot of books with his wife, I purchased a pro-firing system, then I did Dave AP class and then joined PGI.

When calling now I had skin in the game and wasnt just another backyard guy looking for a discount.

Being very persistent and not taking no for an answer, I went down Dave's list and just started calling them all and it paid off in the end.

People/companies will work with newbe pyros, you just need to keep asking and asking until you get a yes. Have a plan when you call them that makes it a win-win

Have skin in the game and not just another guy that likes to shoot off fireworks with your friends on the 4th. Great historic retrospect on you pyro history. On day I do a rant on the whole Group Buy facade other websites had years back. They were run by fireworks store employees.

Icooclast
01-21-2023, 08:42 PM
i, too am happy this site is here, thanks Dave i am sure it's a lot of work managing this site and all the stuff you do with pyro. i have no idea how you'd do a regular job with all that you do for pyro on top of it

BMoore
01-23-2023, 10:56 AM
Years ago I started getting in on group buys and it was wonderful. The rules were pretty simple, you had to buy full cases and you need an individual to lead the group buy and take delivery. It didn't take long before store employees/owners started getting involved, like Dave said, and that's when it started getting messy with case splits and sub-groups, etc. etc. There were all sorts of transactional issues beginning to develop, some of which may not have even been legal. I know of one instance where police were called and fines were issued because group buy members were buying and trading products with each other right out in the parking lot of fireworks store! There are still legitimate group buys out there but they are few and far between.

MontanaMike
01-25-2023, 12:42 AM
My neighbor found some website last year that he was all enthusiastic about, and swore he was getting a great deal. I didn't trust it because it didn't give specifics of what you were getting, you couldn't pick your own stuff, there was just various assortments without telling any actual product names, only "types." A red flag for me was, they had a lot of "300 gram" items listed. I've never seen 300 gram, just 200 and 500, so I was skeptical. I tried to tell him it didn't look that great, but he was convinced, and we had already ordered our stuff for the year so there wasn't time to tag his order in with mine.

Turns out his stuff came from a well known fireworks warehouse near here, and the delivery guy told him "If you had bought this stuff direct from us, you would have saved about 20% on it." So he learned his lesson. Now this year he wants me to add his order to mine, so he'll save even more!

topshelfpyro
01-25-2023, 03:25 AM
The key is volume. 76 is very high even with their (special) pricing. You really shouldn't be expecting a discount for 5 cases.....50+ is another story.

Wholesale Fireworks
01-26-2023, 01:23 PM
WFBOOM is running a great special now. ANY size case order will receive a 40% discount up until February 8th. 1 case or 100 cases, all get 40% discount. check us out http://www.wfboom.com

displayfireworks1
01-26-2023, 09:16 PM
WFBOOM is running a great special now. ANY size case order will receive a 40% discount up until February 8th. 1 case or 100 cases, all get 40% discount. check us out http://www.wfboom.com

That discount is so good I may buy some of own Displayfireworks1 products. LOL

JohnJr88
02-17-2023, 10:35 PM
Tim Thurber at '76 has done a great job for me. Always very attentive and helps with any questions I have. I recommend '76 to all my friends.