PDA

View Full Version : Shell Builder Needed near Pittsburgh

displayfireworks1
01-12-2023, 09:26 PM
I have been contacted by a family member that wants the cremated remains of a family member placed into a fireworks shell and shot off at a scheduled event in May 2023. The location is between Pittsburgh and the Ohio border, town called Darlington Pennsylvania. . I can assist in getting the shells in the air for the event if needed. Family is prepared to pay the fee. Please message me on the forums or email pyrotalk@gmail.com

Mattp
01-14-2023, 11:09 AM
Wow,,, I love that idea!!! Hopefully someone will be able to do it for them!!

displayfireworks1
01-14-2023, 11:57 AM
I believe at one time someosne designed a shell specifically for this purpose. I'm sure Ned G can do this . He does not live in the area. If I find someone to build it I'm hoping to be part of it and get some video. I'm new at this I'm thinking you would need more than one shell.

Birdman
01-14-2023, 12:25 PM
I was going to put some of my cats remains in the top of 60g can and light it in my back yard.

PyroJoeNEPA
01-14-2023, 03:51 PM
I believe at one time someosne designed a shell specifically for this purpose. I'm sure Ned G can do this . He does not live in the area. If I find someone to build it I'm hoping to be part of it and get some video. I'm new at this I'm thinking you would need more than one shell.

There are a couple ways to address this. Some people only use a sampling of the ashes that are affixed in a smaller size half hemi [6" shell with a 3" half on top]. The other way is to use a 6" shell outer with a 5" inner. The 5" is made and glued in the bottom half of the 6" hemi. 6" is sealed & taped, then a hole is cut in the top cavity of the 6". Ashes inserted, plug glued on and pasted.
Larger shell could be used, but it seems the 6" can be shot with less issues than an 8", or 10". I recall at PGI back in 2016 [if I remember correctly] one of the 24" shells fired was a memorial shell with someone's ashes.
I really don't know the bulk/volume that can be put in a 6"/5" shell, nor do I know how much space a persons ashes comprises.
You might want to contact Vince Terrizzi at Starfire--He has been manufacturing 1.3g shells for professional use for several years. He might be able to give you some input.

displayfireworks1
01-14-2023, 05:34 PM
I am thinking of maybe trying to get Al at The Little Big Shots. See if he can put the remains in one of those big ass salutes he makes. Word is I'm getting they will pay the price , it all sounds good to me. Without going into details , there be a real fireworks display to go along with this event also.

displayfireworks1
01-14-2023, 08:09 PM
Thanks Joe. I'm reading the average cremated remains weigh 5 to 9 pounds. Can't imagine all of that going up at once. One article I read said they added 4 tablespoons to the shell. Not sure if there is a common standard on how this is done

Arclight
01-14-2023, 11:42 PM
If you get this sorted out, I got contacted by someone out of Vegas also interested in something like this. Unless it's the same folks (her name is Ruth).