PDA

View Full Version : New Advertisers FWSim

displayfireworks1
01-08-2023, 05:10 PM
Adding new advertiser to pyrotalk. Please welcome FWSim. Look for their banners soon.
https://www.fwsim.com/

Indypyrodude
01-09-2023, 03:20 AM
Dave,
I’m very pleased to see FWsim decided to advertise on your platform. This year I am designing my July 4th show with FWsim. So far I have done a few small test firings with the Cobra system and all has went well.

I encourage anyone who are doing pyromusicals to take a good look at FWsim.

Wholesale Fireworks
01-10-2023, 12:49 PM
OK this looks amazing. I can forsee digital competitions. Great way to try your hand at scripting shows with minimal cost. Looking forward to hearing feedback about it on the forum.

PyroFL
01-11-2023, 08:58 AM
Another great program to help build that perfect show.

I mentioned this to the guys at final 3D but they didn’t seem interested as it’s up-to the end user.

The programs are amazing for 1.3 and easy to build shows with at that level.

A backyard guy like us have to build each cake. Taking 15-20+ mins per cake or longer. Add a 198 shot with many effect zipper cake now your talking a couple of hours for a 15-20 sec cake.

My idea to Final 3D and to FWsim is to make a marketing agreement with a firework manufacturer like Brothers and others to get your QR code on there cakes to your company URL to use your program.

Have their company build each cake in your database and upload to your server so a backyard guy small or large can drag and drop just like the 1.3 guys can do.

The answer I got from Final 3D was they leave it to each manufacture to do it but not many were.

I believe this could be a win-win to the 1.4 crowd, manufacturing and your company.

If that idea doesn’t work, there are many other angles you could do to get your URL code on a cake to make it a win-win.

Keep asking until you get a yes

For every “No” you hear your one more no closer to a “YES”

Colonel Sanders (KFC)

PyroFL
01-11-2023, 09:26 AM
Another idea I told them was to do online classes how to use your program.

Each student gets 10 most popular cakes on the markets with each student getting a different cake to build.

This way your students build your data base of the most popular cakes which makes it more usable and more backyard people will talk about it.

This also create ownership into what they have built and others can use.

Another win-win

Engineer Cat
01-11-2023, 06:46 PM
There's a pretty big learning curve to use it. I purchased it a few months back and didn't play to much with it because of the products. I just got a free license for Finale 3D pro (probably a temporary license) so I can enter the PyroJam contests. There's even a bigger learning curve with that but after 6 hours of messing with it it's getting a little easier. Although I probably wont be able to enter the contest cause 20 seconds into my soundtrack I'm already at $2,500 and the 10 min show budget has to be under 20k. LOL The price list of products seem to be a bit expensive.

30mm SINGLE-SHOT: White Crossette Comet $8.50

PyroFL
01-11-2023, 10:05 PM
@ engineering cat

All I have to say is

“ EXTRA EXTRA “

;)

Love it!

My wife nickname for me is “extra exta” so I get it!!

Our family motto is:

“ Go Big or Go Bigger “

….

Back on point

Thanks to Dave for adding more companies for us and hopefully they’ll pick up later and listen to us here us, the our backyards guys

Scotty Rockets
01-12-2023, 06:18 AM
I have both fwsim and finale. Fwsim is what I started with back in ‘18 I believe. I built quite an extensive 1.4 pro library over those years. I choreographed a few shows over those years. I’ve since gone to 100% finale but fwsim is a powerful software in its own right.

PyroFL
01-12-2023, 10:13 AM
I have both fwsim and finale. Fwsim is what I started with back in ‘18 I believe. I built quite an extensive 1.4 pro library over those years. I choreographed a few shows over those years. I’ve since gone to 100% finale but fwsim is a powerful software in its own right.

I wish I had that kind of time to build and learn new programs.

As I don’t have a normal job I don’t have that kind of time working on average 88 hours per week during the year and now getting into the busy season ill be around 100 +/- per week.

I would really like it if both companies could have a large data base which would help a lot. Kind of like wikifireworks.

Salutecake
01-12-2023, 10:59 AM
I'm glad FWsim is here.

I know Finale 3D is probably a better program, but it is also a lot more expensive.

I'm not sure if it is still avaialbe if it is I will give it a try, FWsim use to offer, I think, 45 bucks a month for the use of the full program no limit or term agreements, start and stop whenever. For a hobbyist in the North in the month of February, if they still offer it I am going to give it a try.

topshelfpyro
01-12-2023, 04:17 PM
as a backyard guy.....I didn't bother with fwsim, I went from PIC (pyro ignition control) to finale 3d. yes, it's a bit intimidating to use and costs at least $150 a year however it is a fantastic program to do what we do with. The workflow, functions, and capabilities are quite stunning. No, not every cake in the 1.4 world is in there for simulation but alot are and are being created more and more as time goes by. It's really not that difficult with the cake creator software for finale 3d and its kinda fun. Even if you ignore the simulation aspect of it, the scripting capabilities, report capabilities, layout, labels, etc are worth the price of admission if you are to the point of doing pyromusicals. You can see my 2022 show here that I posted https://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/showthread.php?9278-My-backyard-2022-show. North of 800 cues all done in finale 3d. the audio is what was recorded by the phone from the speakers 70' away from the phone. I wish I had better video.