PDA

View Full Version : New packing saving container space

Birdman
12-14-2022, 05:35 PM
Here's a really interesting YouTube video by CodyBPyrotechnics. In it he shows how Raccoon Fireworks is reducing the size of fireworks packaging to save space. I think we all saw or at least hoped this would be coming:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4stZUsp6jdw

Engineer Cat
12-14-2022, 11:32 PM
Pretty cool. The case of neon jelleyfish I just got is the old packaging. LOL. They can fit a whole lot more in a container with reducing these shipping sizes. Probably save a bunch of money from not making those BS 3" and 2 1/2" circles to glue over the top of the NOABS.

Dave had posted about his DF1 (i think it was the willow beach cake) showing how much smaller it is in size but the performance being the same. Naturally people think bigger is better but that's not the case with fireworks. Well consumer fireworks. :)

jamisonlm3
12-15-2022, 05:15 PM
Magnus uploaded a last year about how they were changing their 3" noabs to comply with new regulations in china. I think other companies are doing the same, but tne of the big things is the smaller case size as a result.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUUAXitjmIE

I'm happy companies are boiling the packaging down and removing some of the pointless cardboard and general fluff that we've seen for years. Hopefully, we'll see prices come down in a year or two, but then again, we might never see 2019 pricing ever again. I'm curious to see what the industry sales figures are going to be from this year. 2020 was such a great year and 2021 was good too, but now that people are getting back to work, I'm interested in see how things went in 2022.

Engineer Cat
12-15-2022, 07:46 PM
Nice to see a manufacture admit that they have been bullshitting and ripping people off for years. It's one thing when you know you are not getting 3 inch shells, it's another when you're just an average joe who doesn't know any better bring home what they think are 3". Now the other manufactures are going to have to follow.

Arclight
12-15-2022, 11:51 PM
I like this trend. With any luck, they won't just switch to substituting pyro compound for more clay...

Scotty Rockets
12-16-2022, 09:00 AM
Yes, because we all know that this character is the fireworks expert, lol. Anyway shipping door to door has now reached pre covid costs, so dense packing isn’t really an issue anymore.
l

schmidlapp
12-16-2022, 10:30 AM
Slightly off topic, has anyone evaluated the raccoon 1.4pro product yet?
If so are there suppliers with product in stock?

BMoore
12-16-2022, 10:33 AM
Yes, because we all know that this character is the fireworks expert, lol. Anyway shipping door to door has now reached pre covid costs, so dense packing isn’t really an issue anymore.
l

Shipping costs may be coming down but the cost of product itself is not. If reducing shipping costs can reduce the total price then thats great. Reduced storage space is also a benefit.

What I find interesting is that these size reduction measures are coming from an industry that has based a lot of its marketing on the consumer assumption that bigger is better. How do you convince a customer that the smaller NOAB is the same as the larger one while also leading them to believe that a 6" canister shell is better than a 4" one? Do customers start catching on to to the scheme to the point where you can no longer sell a $20 200G cake sitting in the bottom of a huge cardboard "finale tube" for $100?