PDA

View Full Version : Can fireworks be shipped to PA?

Salutecake
12-12-2022, 07:14 AM
If you Google that question above you get the answer below. Is this part of the new law that PA recently passed?

Consumer fireworks may also be purchased through online, mail-order or other transaction, but delivery of consumer fireworks to a purchaser shall take place at a licensed, permanent structure.

Lonely Bros Pyros
12-12-2022, 09:45 AM
I've never seen that before. I get alot of fireworks from American Wholesale and get them delivered to my (non-fireworks) business location. Never had an issue.

Birdman
12-12-2022, 09:46 AM
I've been wondering the same. This was added to the new laws that were passed several months ago.

Salutecake
12-12-2022, 01:16 PM
I also get a lot of product from American Wholesale, so I'm wondering if I have to go back to the old road trip days - buy closer (and there are a lot of good places by me) and hopefully this isn't what I think it means or they change the rules in the near future.

jknepp1954
12-13-2022, 11:10 AM
A biz associate and I were talking about this weekend. Very Good question! Unfortuneately I don't have answer. There is alot about this new law I don't Like - they made it from BAD to WORSE in my opinion.

PG2159
12-14-2022, 12:27 AM
A biz associate and I were talking about this weekend. Very Good question! Unfortuneately I don't have answer. There is alot about this new law I don't Like - they made it from BAD to WORSE in my opinion.

what in this provision makes it worse?

Arles
12-16-2022, 04:38 PM
I just received two skids from American Wholesale.

Birdman
12-17-2022, 12:10 PM
I just received two skids from American Wholesale.

Did the shipment have to go through a 3rd party?

Arles
12-21-2022, 06:49 PM
Did the shipment have to go through a 3rd party?

Not as far as I'm aware, it was shipped to my home address.

badwolf
03-01-2023, 03:13 PM
Not sure what changed, but I just ran into this with my order at wfboom.com. They will no longer ship to PA without a federally issued license. It’s strange because consumer fireworks are legal here in PA. Back to my road trips to get fireworks I guess!

I wouldn’t be surprised if PA is responsible for this change, because if I buy fireworks within PA there is a 12% fireworks tax in addition to the 6% sales tax, which they are loosing if I buy out of state.

AFWGrant
03-01-2023, 04:20 PM
There were provisions made to the law over the summer. 2022 Act 74 - PA General Assembly (state.pa.us) (https://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/legis/li/uconsCheck.cfm?yr=2022&sessInd=0&act=74) Section 1107 (9)

One of them being that you are now only allowed to ship fireworks to someone who is a licensed wholesaler or retailer. The law is similar to the law we have here in Ohio.

displayfireworks1
03-01-2023, 04:46 PM
On my future video agenda this month is a trip to Wholesale Fireworks in Hubbard Ohio to discuss shipping Consumer Fireworks.
I know years back we would pick up fireworks at a truck depot. They would bring them out into the parking lot and set them there. We then just loaded the vehicles. The theory behind it all was , the product was not in any state , it was in commerce. Then five vehicles would leave the parking lot and go about their business.

jr99svt
03-02-2023, 03:33 PM
They want their Tax money. They cant collect 18% sales tax if it goes straight to your house.
2022 Act 74
:1107
(9) The sale of consumer fireworks may be conducted through online, mail-order or other transaction, but delivery of consumer fireworks to a purchaser shall take place at a facility licensed under section 1108 and the sale shall be subject to the provisions of section 1112 (relating to consumer fireworks tax).

PG2159
03-02-2023, 04:11 PM
Dare I ask which authority has jurisdiction in the enforcement of this legislation?