PDA

View Full Version : FAVORITE Firework

FinnAmerican
12-02-2022, 09:22 PM
If you had to pick ONE type of Firework, which would it be? Shells, Cakes, Rockets, Firecrackers, Fountains and so on...

Engineer Cat
12-03-2022, 02:36 AM
Man I just got this thing for Girandolas. Something about the sounds and the multi stages. Maybe because it's not predictable. Once you fire it, it's going where it wants. They have their place but being so unpredictable it's hard to use them in backyard shows. Take me to your leader is on of my favorites. Good for open shoots, but not something you want to put in your backyard show if your trying to mitigate risks.

PyroFL
12-03-2022, 04:47 PM
200g cakes all the way!!

500g cakes are amazing but 200g is where my show is really at.

You can do a lot more layering, depth and levels with adding extra effects when the 500g cakes are going off above.

Icooclast
12-04-2022, 10:03 AM
i don't think i'd be able to stick to just one. it's like pringles or something; just one isn't enough

RalphieJ
12-04-2022, 02:03 PM
Ground salutes: Cherry bombs, ash cans, M-80's, silver salutes.

displayfireworks1
12-04-2022, 06:26 PM
Picking just one I would pick the canister artillery shells. Minus all the excessive packaging

wingman
12-04-2022, 08:23 PM
Picking just one I would pick the canister artillery shells. Minus all the excessive packaging

A friend of mine once said that we have never had it any better than we do now with artillery shells. I agree with him but I do wish companies could get the same symmetry of a ball shell in a can. I've seen it a few times with some, but I don't know if that was a fluke or not.

FinnAmerican
12-04-2022, 09:17 PM
It would definitely be large SKY ROCKETS.

PG2159
12-04-2022, 10:10 PM
While I can’t shoot them, salutes are number 1. When I was a kid the town I grew up in would do this parade in the morning, and Garden State Fireworks would shoot off a butt load of fireworks at different shoot sites across the parade route. Heck, early 1990’s they would shut down the main intersection in town, put a few racks and rolls of firecrackers out and go ham, and you’d be sitting on the sidewalk. My brothers and I would chase down American flags and parachutes they would shoot off too. I have a very special spot in my heart for hand lit (best guess is either 2.5 or 3” ) saultes

BMoore
12-05-2022, 09:31 AM
Shells. Any type any size. The whole ritual of sorting shells, loading racks, fusing or wiring & scripting is all part of the fun.

PyroWalker
12-05-2022, 09:49 AM
Overall picking a type: Cakes, specifically Cake slices because you can get so much variety!

But... For me I have a specific type within each category I guess. Shells: Waterfall/Horsetail shells, the huge long hanging glittery ones! Second to that would be a well executed ghost effect shell. For cakes, I love a peacock zipper with lots of bright color. Fountains: JellyBean fountains with the big globs of color (can be multi color or single, doesn't matter). Since I focus on pyromusicals, any effects with sound have to be strategically used as to not take away from the music. Salutes have their place in a finale, screamers/howlers have to fit the timing and theme.

Engineer Cat
12-05-2022, 11:50 PM
Overall picking a type: Cakes, specifically Cake slices because you can get so much variety!

But... For me I have a specific type within each category I guess. Shells: Waterfall/Horsetail shells, the huge long hanging glittery ones! Second to that would be a well executed ghost effect shell. For cakes, I love a peacock zipper with lots of bright color. Fountains: JellyBean fountains with the big globs of color (can be multi color or single, doesn't matter). Since I focus on pyromusicals, any effects with sound have to be strategically used as to not take away from the music. Salutes have their place in a finale, screamers/howlers have to fit the timing and theme.

heheheheh, Finn said "If you had to pick ONE type of Firework, which would it be? Shells, Cakes, Rockets, Firecrackers, Fountains and so on..." :D

PyroWalker
12-06-2022, 08:56 AM
heheheheh, Finn said "If you had to pick ONE type of Firework, which would it be? Shells, Cakes, Rockets, Firecrackers, Fountains and so on..." :D
Can anyone really pick one???? And I did pick an overall one..... Cake Slices

Wholesale Fireworks
12-06-2022, 03:47 PM
Snakes and Sparklers

Icooclast
12-06-2022, 06:05 PM
ok, kick'n wing. just remember your fireworks stands will pay for all your vet hospitals

Birdman
12-07-2022, 12:41 PM
If I had to pick just one type it would be cakes. If I had to narrow that down any more I would go with 500g cakes. If I had to narrow it down even further I would probably just go with cake slices.

thomask280
12-09-2022, 01:10 PM
If you had to pick ONE type of Firework, which would it be? Shells, Cakes, Rockets, Firecrackers, Fountains and so on...
I feel the best"Bang For Your Buck"are "Fireworks Fiesta" and several copies i.e. Bang Wow's "Where Candy Corn Comes From"
Dominator's " Mega Mini" 200 gram Fan repeaters.

FinnAmerican
12-09-2022, 10:29 PM
I had the MEGA MINI on the 4th. It was pretty cool.

mikepete777
12-10-2022, 02:31 PM
Canisters all day everyday, any brand any make

ZacharyB93
12-10-2022, 04:33 PM
6" Canister Shells

Scotty Rockets
12-11-2022, 12:18 AM
Multi shot cakes are very important. I do a lot of modifying whether it’s harvesting single shots and racking those individually or firing individual rows within a cake. Comets and mines are personally my most important device because you cannot do a precision pyromusical without out these AP pro devices.

schmidlapp
12-12-2022, 02:32 PM
This is tough to answer because a decent show requires Layering. I typically use 200g, 500g cakes, comets, mines, ball shells, canister shells and now that I have taken the display operator class a lot of 1.4pro slices, 62mm shells and cakes. Actually my favorite fireworks are all that go off as planned!

retlawman344
01-09-2023, 11:38 AM
Agree with those here with most comments. My show is mostly 500G cakes, canisters, with some 200G cakes wired together mixed in. At grand finale time, its all the above. Must admit though, I have several favorites in the 200G catagory that I wire a case of each together for the finale that just kick it up to the next level. They are just that good for the money.

But if absolutely forced to chose? 500G cakes....but pleeez don't make me!!!