PDA

View Full Version : Cobra and Ignite Black Friday sale.

displayfireworks1
11-19-2022, 11:18 PM
Not sure how many new fireworks enthusiast are floating around the forums , if you looking to purchase a Cobra and/or Ignite now is good time during the Black Friday sale. Here is video I just released for Cobra.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNTp68wE1vo
https://www.cobrafiringsystems.com/ Cobra Fireworks Firing System.
https://www.ignitefiringsystems.com/ Ignite Fireworks Firing System

.It is time for the Cobra and Ignite Black Friday Sale. If you want to advance your fireworks displays now is time to purchase a Cobra or Ignite system. Discounts available for new and existing customers. Please visit the website links listed above for all the details. This is a limited time offer.

topshelfpyro
11-20-2022, 09:36 AM
WOW! 55% price increase for 10' MJGs from last year on black fri

displayfireworks1
11-20-2022, 10:19 AM
Did you accurately compare it with the same wire length? Can you post your findings.
I'm seeing some of my other advertisers are having Black Friday sales. Including pyroboom . He has listed he now ships to Hawaii. A state where artillery shells are not permitted can now get mortar racks
LOL, you got to love how the pyro business operates.

topshelfpyro
11-20-2022, 04:48 PM
Yes of course. I'm a case buyer (30 boxes at a time). Until this year the qty discounts stacked on top of black Fri whatever.
Last year and before a box of 10' was $16.42 by the case on black fri.....this year $25.49.

The sale is great for those 2 or 3 or 5 box buyers I'm sure since they would get essentially a "case pricing for all" deal.

Glad I splurged and grabbed 2 cases last year. Lol

PyroWalker
11-20-2022, 05:00 PM
These prices are hard to swallow even at "sale" price when compared to what prices were just a few years ago. I understand the reason for the price increase, but the real problem is that now the prices are unlikely to ever come back down.

Robbro097
11-20-2022, 06:44 PM
The price increases really hurt, as just a backyard guy doing a few shows a yr i had to debate whether or not to continue growing the system or sell off and go back to the chinese system. I decided im going to add another 72m on black friday and cut cost by using aftermarket slats and cables. Hopefully prices have leveled off and dont continue to climb. The make an awesome product and i hope to continue growing my shows with them.

displayfireworks1
11-20-2022, 08:15 PM
I'm curious how many display companies are now using the MJG Initiators in place of regulated electric match? I suspect Cobra negotiated a good price on the Initiators when demand was low and passed those savings on to its customers
Demand may now have changed and now inflation gets added into the picture .

BMoore
11-21-2022, 10:07 AM
Last Black Friday I bought 15' initiators for $20.80 pre-discount. Right now they are $25.99 so that's a 25% price increase which is in line with what we've seen for most pyro related products. I'm not saying your wrong about 55% on your particular igniters, but that doesn't seem to have been a blanket price increase.

In all fairness to Cobra, they do announce their price increases in advance to give the customer the opportunity buy ahead of the increase.

topshelfpyro
11-21-2022, 10:28 PM
Last Black Friday I bought 15' initiators for $20.80 pre-discount. Right now they are $25.99 so that's a 25% price increase which is in line with what we've seen for most pyro related products. I'm not saying your wrong about 55% on your particular igniters, but that doesn't seem to have been a blanket price increase.

In all fairness to Cobra, they do announce their price increases in advance to give the customer the opportunity buy ahead of the increase.

The difference is this year, for the first time, the black fri discount DOES NOT stack on top of the QTY discount. So you take 15% off the 1 box pricing no matter what qty you are purchasing. Last year and all previous years on black fri they did a sale and that stacked on top of the qty discounts. so as I stated in my previous post I paid $16.42 last year for 10' initiators and this year they would cost $25.49 for the same thing which is almost a 55% increase........
I don't care what cobra charges it is what it is. Was simply making a point that it will be almost a 55% increase from last year for the 10' initiators

This was the pricing for the past few years when you bought at least 30 boxes at once on black fri.....

Order Summary
Product NamePart No.QTYPrice Ea.Total
MJG Firewire Initiator - 10 ft (Box of 30) - Regular Price - $22.80 - Sale PriceINITIATOR-10FT30$16.42$492.60
Subtotal:$492.6

Engineer Cat
11-22-2022, 08:41 PM
Order Summary
Product NamePart No.QTYPrice Ea.Total
MJG Firewire Initiator - 10 ft (Box of 30) - Regular Price - $22.80 - Sale PriceINITIATOR-10FT30$16.42$492.60
Subtotal:$492.6

What's the shipping cost on those 30 boxes?

topshelfpyro
11-23-2022, 10:09 AM
Hazmat shipping is always expensive lol. Thus is to GA

topshelfpyro
11-23-2022, 11:44 AM
Hazmat shipping is always expensive lol. Thus is to GA

Realistically, $3.23 a box for hazmat shipping by the case ($97) isn't that bad. Not much different than the $6-10 a case for pallets of fireworks thru an LTL carrier.

Engineer Cat
11-23-2022, 06:10 PM
Yea that's not as bad as I thought it would be.

Better that it doesn't go through that post office they have up there. Took me a month to get 1 box from them while it sat in the post office for 4 weeks and they are only 3 hours north of me. When I order from MJG direct with same post office shipping I get it in 3 days and they are 2 hours south of me.

I think 1 person works at the post office in Gansevoort, NY LOL

topshelfpyro
11-27-2022, 01:10 PM
Yep, glad I bought extra initiators last year.... would have been $272 MORE ($9 per box) for a (30 box) case of 10' this year before tax and shipping charges....

It will be interesting to see how things play out over the next year with pricing as shipping, logistics, and supply chain issues continue to get better. I think I picked a good year not to shoot pyro in for 2023.... could be a good time to further pad my storage next year depending on the pyro pricing.....lol

Scotty Rockets
11-27-2022, 04:03 PM
Anyone off hand know the price difference between initiators vs real ematch? A BATF54 might just be worth it

BMoore
11-28-2022, 12:08 AM
Anyone off hand know the price difference between initiators vs real ematch? A BATF54 might just be worth it

Doesn’t seem to be much difference in price for good quality match. I have my 54 and I’ve been using initiators exclusively for the past two years because the price on regulated match was actually higher from my distributor. The cost of hazmat shipping on regulated match adds significantly to the cost.

topshelfpyro
11-28-2022, 03:18 AM
Doesn’t seem to be much difference in price for good quality match. I have my 54 and I’ve been using initiators exclusively for the past two years because the price on regulated match was actually higher from my distributor. The cost of hazmat shipping on regulated match adds significantly to the cost.

Is there a big difference in regular hazmat shipping and hazmat shipping for jteks?

It was $97 for fedex hazmat last year on a case of initiators to GA

BMoore
11-28-2022, 10:07 AM
Is there a big difference in regular hazmat shipping and hazmat shipping for jteks?

It was $97 for fedex hazmat last year on a case of initiators to GA

Since you already paid fedex hazmat shipping, the price of jtek e-match would probably be about the same. My initiators always ship via USPS where as e-match must go fedex or UPS which carries the hefty hazmat surcharge. No storage requirement for the initiators is also a huge benefit. There are a lot of display companies now using initiators.

Arclight
11-28-2022, 12:01 PM
The savings via the special USPS shipping makes up for any cost difference, as carriers are charging even more than last year for hazmat shipping. The quality of the MJG product is top-tier.

esgrillo
11-28-2022, 01:55 PM
Yep, glad I bought extra initiators last year.... would have been $272 MORE ($9 per box) for a (30 box) case of 10' this year before tax and shipping charges....

It will be interesting to see how things play out over the next year with pricing as shipping, logistics, and supply chain issues continue to get better. I think I picked a good year not to shoot pyro in for 2023.... could be a good time to further pad my storage next year depending on the pyro pricing.....lol

yup, I was checking my last order in 2020 and the MJG prices are up 50% even with the BF discount....wow.

topshelfpyro
11-28-2022, 02:16 PM
The savings via the special USPS shipping makes up for any cost difference, as carriers are charging even more than last year for hazmat shipping. The quality of the MJG product is top-tier.

Just for fun I checked..... USPS isn't even an option for a case, only UPS (no fedex either) and its $124 for ground hazmat for a case of 30 boxes vs $97 from fedex last year. Only about $1 a box more this year for shipping so not to crazy. The 50%+ increase in price is pretty crazy however......

BMoore
11-28-2022, 03:29 PM
Just for fun I checked..... USPS isn't even an option for a case, only UPS (no fedex either) and its $124 for ground hazmat for a case of 30 boxes vs $97 from fedex last year. Only about $1 a box more this year for shipping so not to crazy. The 50%+ increase in price is pretty crazy however......

Interesting. Must be Cobra policy. The last time I ordered a case of initiators it was direct from MJG and they shipped USPS for about $15. You're probably still coming out ahead through Cobra though with the Black Friday discount.

topshelfpyro
11-28-2022, 10:20 PM
If you buying Initiators generally cobra on black fri is when to buy whatever you need for the next year. This year the pricing was up over 50% even for 30+ boxes. No idea how that compares to mjg direct but they do advertise a 10% best price guarantee so cobra should always be cheaper than direct.
I did notice I could ship 5 boxes usps from cobra but not 30.....