PDA

View Full Version : Spirit of 76 show for Ignite

displayfireworks1
11-13-2022, 06:29 PM
I saw on Facebook that Spirit of 76 is selling a ready to go display for the Ignite firing system. I can't seem to find the video or link. Is this something new or has it been out for a while? I know years back they had a long fuse pre-designed display.

cduesman
11-13-2022, 09:18 PM
https://shop.76fireworks.com/product/AT301-Gilmos%20Ignite-Show-Package

Has info/links. I think it's fairly new. Seems well integrated with ignite firing systems pages/instructions. (The links take you there.)

Chris

Engineer Cat
11-13-2022, 09:59 PM
Pretty interesting. Pyromusical in a box if you have an Ignite system and just want something turn key without any in-depth knowledge about it. Fireworks, scripting, and music all ready to go. Just buy it, wire everything up and let it fly. For most of us here there's really no fun in this, but I know people who would eat this up.

This video has both show options you can buy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LO4D2NqEgTQ&t=1s

PyroWalker
11-14-2022, 09:00 AM
Pretty interesting. Pyromusical in a box if you have an Ignite system and just want something turn key without any in-depth knowledge about it. Fireworks, scripting, and music all ready to go. Just buy it, wire everything up and let it fly. For most of us here there's really no fun in this, but I know people who would eat this up.

This video has both show options you can buy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LO4D2NqEgTQ&t=1s

I don't know if I consider this to be a "pyromuscial"... More like fireworks with music playing along.... No real unique effects, nothing hitting perfect on the beat, etc.

BMoore
11-14-2022, 09:52 AM
Neat concept but not much value if I'm looking at the pricing correctly. You get more bang for your buck on the long fuse complete shows which come with fuse and you could of course fire electronically if you choose. The only benefit I see here is that you get a pre-written script. For most of us on this forum, that's half the fun!

displayfireworks1
11-14-2022, 09:55 PM
It is the start of something and heading in the right direction. Remember it more for the novice user that wants to step up their backyard game. The songs need to be royalty free for Spirit to sell this. Will be interesting to see how it sells.

Engineer Cat
11-15-2022, 02:29 AM
I don't know if I consider this to be a "pyromuscial"... More like fireworks with music playing along.... No real unique effects, nothing hitting perfect on the beat, etc.

Yea I tend to agree with that. I use mostly cakes in my shows but try at least to find ones that have a close BPM to the section of song and always time first shots on beat. But I do use single shot effects like comets to emphasize parts so it doesn't seem like the music is just laid on top. I only have 48 cues so I have to be creative. lol

Neat concept but not much value if I'm looking at the pricing correctly. You get more bang for your buck on the long fuse complete shows which come with fuse and you could of course fire electronically if you choose. The only benefit I see here is that you get a pre-written script. For most of us on this forum, that's half the fun!

Pretty much paying $60 per item. I'm not sure people that would buy this setup would be upset by the price if they do it once a year. Get a few buddies to throw in some cash and you got an easy show for your party. Its very backyard basic, They could be selling shows like that for Cobra and other systems but we wouldn't buy cause we want want to script it ourselves so that's why it's geared towards the Ingnit.

I mean really any one of us can write a script and say buy this product for it and there's your show.

Engineer Cat
11-15-2022, 02:42 AM

They are also using talons which by default sends timing out the window. You can fire an item in a "generally close" period of time, but not ON time.

displayfireworks1
11-15-2022, 01:26 PM
They are also using talons which by default sends timing out the window. You can fire an item in a "generally close" period of time, but not ON time.

On the pro displays we called this "Music Accompaniment" as opposed to a true pyro-musical. It is hit and miss with the music . Either way an average audience seemed just as happy. If you think about it, most once a year backyard consumer display usually have no music. If you add a few upbeat songs to the display that are close to the firings , it is definitely an enhancement.

BMoore
11-16-2022, 10:06 AM
I have never once added music to any of my personal displays. The music element is where my creativity stops. Probably because I can't dance or keep a beat either! A pyromusical is really its own art form in my opinion. I've seen some that are truly spectacular and some that ruined what would have otherwise been a pretty good show. If someone could do something like this scripted like a true pyromusical using single shots, etc. geared more toward the pro user, that might be interesting.

Engineer Cat
11-18-2022, 01:34 AM
If someone could do something like this scripted like a true pyromusical using single shots, etc. geared more toward the pro user, that might be interesting.

If you said. I need a 5 min show scripted for a Cobra/Firetek/Firelinx/Ignite ETC for products I can purchase from XX store using Miley Cyrus's Party in the USA, there would be people here that could provide that script and then you would just need to buy the product and wire it up as it was scripted.

Adding the music is certainly another level when you are trying to script product to it. I had a recording studio for years and at the end of recording a full album for a band/artist, I would usually fire off some fireworks. Once I stopped recording music and started doing more fireworks shows for fun adding the music just seemed to make sense.

There's a handful of us here that script shows to music that are true pyromusicals. I would say some rival pro shows. Some use all single shot items and others use a combinations which include cakes and 1.3 product and DMX effects like flame machines.

As much fun as hand firing shows are, there's something special about hitting the fire button and watching the show do it's thing after months of preparations. We always know what the show should look and sound like when fired since we watched simulations of it over and over while scripting it. It really is a fun way to pyro and people love it even when it doesn't go perfect.

topshelfpyro
11-18-2022, 02:58 AM
2 of the most overused words in the Pyro world are "wholesale" and "pyromusical".....
If every store that said or has "wholesale" were really "wholesale" there would be no retailers.

Just because there is some music playing while some fireworks are going off does not equate to a "pyromusical"

BMoore
11-18-2022, 09:43 AM
2 of the most overused words in the Pyro world are "wholesale" and "pyromusical".....
If every store that said or has "wholesale" were really "wholesale" there would be no retailers.

Just because there is some music playing while some fireworks are going off does not equate to a "pyromusical"

Isn't that the truth! Wholesale always bugs me. I work daily with sales tax issues so I know the difference between wholesale and retail. Wholesale means you are purchasing for resale, are registered with the state as a reseller, and have a sales tax exemption certificate. An end user can't ever purchase wholesale period. Pyromusicals are not fireworks with music. I can do that. A pyromusical is a very carefully scripted art form that very few people can pull off successfully. I doubt anyone is going to write someone a true, custom pyromusical script without some cash changing hands. That's where a pre-packaged off the shelf product might be appealing. The market would be pretty small though.

Birdman
11-18-2022, 05:54 PM
I would actually look into a curated packaged show for cobra if it didn't come at a huge premium. I love to script but securing the product I want to use has been a hassle. I could always add to the prepackaged "base" show. I've mostly scripted by putting in the "pyromusical" effects first and then adding in filler that is more "musical accompaniment", or the reverse. I'd hate giving up choosing my own music though.

Pretty sure many here could script a very professional pyromusical. Having the resources to pull it off is an entirely different matter. I don't see the need to split hairs over what is a "pyromusical" and what is "musical accompaniment" in the realm of the backyard hobbyist. That said, I agree that some "promusicals" would probably be nicer if you took the same product and did a "non-musical" show. Though I have to agree with EC that there is something more satisfying about the challenge of scripting a show to music and watching your creation come to life, even with it's imperfections.

As for "wholesale" fireworks...That's like calling Costco or Sams Club a wholesaler.