PDA

View Full Version : So Disappointed!

PyroWalker
11-04-2022, 01:36 PM
I made the difficult (but correct) call to cancel my pyro musical that was supposed to happen tomorrow. We are under Gale Warnings, Wind Advisories, and the forecast is calling for rain, 20-30mph winds with gusts over 50mph. So, while I feel good about keeping everyone safe (although I'm not sure what kind of audience I would have with those conditions anyway), it is still sad that I have to shelve my show until Spring. I don't have any dates or available help to shoot it before then. I spent the morning packing up everything and putting it in storage for the winter.

I figured all of you here would understand my disappointment.

jdels
11-04-2022, 03:28 PM
Same weather here in NE WI. It's such a weather dependent hobby. I had the same thing happen a few years ago. Chaps my A** to this day. Easy prep for the next show! So yes, I feel your pain!

PyroWalker
11-08-2022, 09:37 AM
It was a VERY good thing I canceled the show!! We had sustained winds of 20-30mph and gusts over 50mph for the entire day/evening, not to mention the off and on rain. It was a miserable day, even if I hadn't been trying to do a show! I have to shelve the show until Spring.....