PDA

View Full Version : New Year's Pyro Plans

FinnAmerican
10-27-2022, 08:21 PM
Whose got plans to shoot off something for New Years?

I do and the weather has been for the last few years pretty descent for Southeast Michigan. Not too cold, windy or wet.

BMoore
10-28-2022, 08:50 AM
I always put together something for right at midnight, but keep it short acknowledging not everyone stays up that late. Less than 5 minutes. Neighborhood seems to enjoy it and lets me scratch my pyro itch. I love shooting in the winter. Cold weather makes everything seem a little louder and the colors crisper.

Birdman
10-28-2022, 10:05 AM
As is usually the case. I will be in Philadelphia for New Years. They have two pro shows but I usually end up missing both. One is early for kids which always conflicts with dinner plans and the other is at midnight which is a little late for us only because we have an early morning. Usually watch them on TV though and can hear them. Keep hoping we get a hotel room with a view of them but so far have not had that luck. It is fun watching all of the backyard people light them off around the city that we can see out our hotel window. I like to play name that firework, but then it's off to bed.

Robbro097
10-28-2022, 06:42 PM
Its 1 of the few holidays my city allows fireworks so i have to light something i dont have room for much and will likely b cold so mayb some firecrackers or a cpl 200g cakes or something just because, but no show.

PyroWalker
10-29-2022, 01:56 PM
I always think about it, but being in cold and snowy Michigan, I usually don't want to do the work in the cold! Also, we are not typically awake to welcome in the New Year! I am however, doing a Guy Fawkes/Bonfire Night show a week from today!

FinnAmerican
12-15-2022, 11:06 PM
Who's Counting?

PyroJoeNEPA
12-24-2022, 08:01 PM
The company I shoot for has a couple shows on New Years Eve but I chose not to work any of them. These old bones mind the cold weather. So, probably will be bonding with my pillow at midnight!!!

Engineer Cat
12-25-2022, 01:01 AM
The company I shoot for has a couple shows on New Years Eve but I chose not to work any of them. These old bones mind the cold weather. So, probably will be bonding with my pillow at midnight!!!

It is brutal out. Hope your staying warm Joe.