PDA

View Full Version : Storage Question?

vegaspyro91
10-21-2022, 06:28 PM
Hello, I just moved down to SW Florida a little less then a year ago and storage unit prices are killing me. It just keeps going up and up. I have a large shed on my property, its not a regular shed but all wood with wooden framed( studs ect.), metal roof and a few windows. It sits a couple feet off the ground as well. I was wondering if keeping my stash in there would effect anything. It will only be 3 months tops before I can afford to run electric and put a/c in there. I was hoping someone on here could chime in from Florida. I dont want to move my stuff in if humidty is going to be an issue, its cooler this time of year to. If anyone has any experience, please let me know. Thanks guys!

Rick_In_Tampa
10-21-2022, 09:32 PM
Hey there vegas. Welcome aboard. I live in Tampa and I keep my stash in my garage. This year I had my stuff delivered in January and it sat out there the entire time. Everything worked fine. A few years ago I had 100 mortars fused with .4 sec ft fast fuse and they didn't go off. They sat in the garage for the entire year and I put them in the show without refusing any of them. They all went up the second time around. So the point I'm making is don't worry about the humidity. Your stuff will be fine.

On the other hand... I don't know exactly where you live, but Tampa is the lightning capital of the world. I had a nice 2'x3' hole blown in my roof 2 years ago. It hit a spot just adjacent to the garage roof. Luckily nothing went up! So just be mindful of that too. Not much you can do about it, but.....

Arclight
10-21-2022, 11:37 PM
If you decide to install a magazine at some point, definitely bond all of the steel panels together and attach to a grounding rod.

PyroFL
10-22-2022, 10:10 AM
Welcome to FL Vegas

I would 100% agree with TampaRick

The only thing I would add is I had around 50 mortars in my garage for 3 years the lift charge must of got a little to much humidity. They went up about 10-12' and went off! I've never had any problems with anything in the garage for less then 2 years and make a point date boxes.