PDA

View Full Version : Lance Work

displayfireworks1
10-18-2022, 02:38 PM
I received a question today on Facebook in regard to fusing lance work. I just noticed one of my advertisers pyroboom is selling a version of Sticky Fuse. I also rediscovered one of my video from 13 years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pB48ndkSWNA
https://www.pyroboom.com/products.aspx?name=zipties

BMoore
10-19-2022, 09:07 AM
I purchased my first roll of Sticky Fuse from Pyroboom last year to experiment with. Once you figure it out its great but there is definitely a learning curve to using it. My hope was that it would be easier/quicker to chain a consumer shell finale than using quickfuse or quickmatch. It can be used that way, but took some trial and error. A couple of observations that may help others:

1) The only way to reliably pass fire from sticky fuse to visco is to separate the two layers of tape and insert your visco in between so that it is touching the BP. There is actually a string in between the two halves that you can pull to separate it. In this respect, it is a lot like quickmatch.

2) Initiators/e-match would not ignite it unless also inserted between the two halves and parallel to the powder trail. If trying to light from the outside of the tape the initiator would actually burn a hole right through the powder trail but it wouldn't light. I still find this odd.

3) You have absolutely no spark protection with this stuff at all. As much trouble as I had initially getting it to light when it was supposed to, a single ember is enough to set it off. If you are using this in close proximity to other product, you are going to need to get foil over it or your will lose it.

In the end, Sticky Fuse is good product and I'll buy it again. But if you've never used it, it's something you'll want to take some time to get comfortable with.

RalphieJ
10-21-2022, 11:04 AM
A great safety improvement over the older method of stapling the quick match to the lance. I held my breath with every pull of the trigger.