PDA

View Full Version : Ematch regulations

mguerra
10-15-2022, 10:42 AM
Someone on YouTube said ematch is no longer regulated by ATF. I believe they are mistaken. Maybe they were referencing FireWire. Has anyone heard anything about this? I’m skeptical.

mguerra
10-15-2022, 10:59 AM
I’m checking with MJG, an ematch manufacturer to find out. Standby.

mguerra
10-15-2022, 11:40 AM
Ematch is still regulated per MJG. Sorry I brought it up. Moderator can delete the thread.

displayfireworks1
10-15-2022, 06:34 PM
Ematch is still regulated per MJG. Sorry I brought it up. Moderator can delete the thread.

Its a good post, no need to delete. Some of the professional companies are all using the MJG Initiators because they have no real ATF paperwork burden on them. I also heard "Real" electric match can not be imported in the same container as 1.3 product. It must have its own dedicated container. In theory multiple companies would split an electric match container. Not sure if it true but that is what I heard. Too much regulatory burden for pro companies using real electric match. I wouldn't be surprised if they all switch to the Initiators.

Arclight
10-16-2022, 05:31 PM
To confirm, I had to supply a copy of my ATF license wihen I bought eMatch products from Martinez Specialties a couple of years ago. It's not required with the MJGs and their quality is very good.

mguerra
10-16-2022, 06:45 PM
It is required with MJG ematch.
It is not required with MJG Firewire.
Two separate products.