PDA

View Full Version : Do you know what this is?

d_vova
08-14-2022, 08:56 PM
Found this substance in a box of fireworks today. Has anyone encountered this in their orders? Do you know what that might be?

I suspect that it is something like silica but I don't understand why it is in an airtight ziplock bag. Wouldn't the bag need to be perforated to absorb the moisture?

Mattp
08-14-2022, 11:05 PM
Definitely looks like those silica beads,,, but I agree,, don’t think it’s going to work in a sealed baggie ,,, very strange

Rick_In_Tampa
08-15-2022, 06:44 PM
I'm no drug expert, but that reminds me of crystal meth. I would probably get rid of it asap.

d_vova
08-15-2022, 08:29 PM
I'm no drug expert, but that reminds me of crystal meth. I would probably get rid of it asap.

I showed this picture to a few people including those who worked at police and DEA and the response was: "It does not look like crystal meth and it is not like anything we have seen before". This is why I posted my question here to see if any of you encountered something like this in your shipments and if you know what it might be so that I could properly dispose of it.

PYRODAN
08-15-2022, 08:51 PM
I'm not saying this is the case, but that bag might have micro perforations in it to let the moisture in. But I would play it safe and pitch it. Silica is cheap, jail is expensive to get out of, or so I am told.......

Engineer Cat
08-16-2022, 12:23 AM

LMAOOO

These are silica beads not meth. As Pyrodan said there are probably tiny holes in the bag that you cant see. Dump them in the garbage and fill the bag with water. Let it sit there for a while and you'll probably see little beads of water seeping out of the bag.

Or email the place you got the fireworks from and ask...

Large bags of silica come with servers I install. They are in the typical silica type bags not a plastic looking bag but are about 4 times the size of a regular silica bag you get with other stuff. I keep them and throw them in my pyro box and containers I keep fireworks or fuse and such in.

d_vova
08-16-2022, 08:42 AM
LMAOOO

These are silica beads not meth. As Pyrodan said there are probably tiny holes in the bag that you cant see. Dump them in the garbage and fill the bag with water. Let it sit there for a while and you'll probably see little beads of water seeping out of the bag.

Or email the place you got the fireworks from and ask...

Large bags of silica come with servers I install. They are in the typical silica type bags not a plastic looking bag but are about 4 times the size of a regular silica bag you get with other stuff. I keep them and throw them in my pyro box and containers I keep fireworks or fuse and such in.

I have emailed the place but have not gotten any response back.

The crystals do absorb water.

Filled the bag with water, squeezed it and nothing comes out. So no perforation.

esgrillo
08-18-2022, 08:33 AM
was there a note with it saying, Hey honey can you weigh this up? Signed Hunty

???

d_vova
08-18-2022, 10:57 AM
was there a note with it saying, Hey honey can you weigh this up? Signed Hunty

???

LOL! No note.

Birdman
08-18-2022, 12:10 PM
Me finding this while opening up my fireworks: