PDA

View Full Version : Fireworks Making Accident

FinnAmerican
08-04-2022, 11:01 PM
[Usually, the news mentions illegal fireworks making and ingredients.]

Explosion Monday evening was making fireworks in his garage.

At 7:25 p.m. Monday, a 911 caller reported an explosion in a garage in the Oneida County town of Crescent, about seven miles northwest of Rhinelander, according to the Oneida County Sheriff's Office.

Emergency responders found Jared Houg dead from injuries he got during the explosion, according to the sheriff's office. It appeared the explosion happened while Houg was making fireworks in his garage.

All the ingredients in Houg's garage and his actions were legal, according to the sheriff's office. The explosion appears to have been accidental.

Engineer Cat
08-05-2022, 01:17 AM
I've see quite a few videos of people making fireworks. They appear to have all the proper tools but some of the things they do make me cringe. I don't have the patients for making them but I do recognize the danger some of them put themselves in which could be avoided.

I like watching guys like Ned build his creations. You know he doesn't take any shortcuts.

Arles
08-05-2022, 07:58 AM
I already question the wisdom of using fireworks (which I definitely do in excess twice a year) so the though of making them seems downright crazy to me.