PDA

View Full Version : 1.1g Bulk salute cake

MrSalute
07-23-2022, 11:59 PM
So on the atfs website it states that cakes with their only effects being salutes were considered 1.1g fireworks. Now this is the interesting thing do cakes with tails/ whistling to salute count as bulk 1.1g salutes or not because to me it would seem so but I see cases of them with the 1.3g placard on them. Which confuses on what exactly the atf defines as different effects. If anyone has any information on how this determined it would help me a lot as I’m deciding whether to build a type 2 magazine and spend more money or just get a shipping container for a type 4 magazine.

Anyways does any one know what exactly a bulk salute is counted as in a cake?

Okimarine
07-25-2022, 08:48 PM
The first time I purchased 1.3 I was very worried for the same reason you have questions now. I wanted salutes (shells/cakes) but not bulk salutes as I have a type 4 magazine. I purchased from (2) sponsors on this site, both have only type 4 magazines and ensured me nothing they sell is considered bulk salutes. All cakes had an extra effect like colored smoke tails, colored tails, color shells, whistle ect. Salute shells are packaged with one color shell to be considered non bulk salutes (i.e. (143) 1.75 inch salutes packaged with (1) 1.75 inch color shell). I called the ATF when I had some salutes in a chain not fire but the color shell did. I just moved another color shell to the remaining box of salutes. Since the salutes were still packaged with a color shell that I placed in the box, they were considered not bulk.

Bulk salutes are defined in 55.11 as “Salute components prior to final assembly into aerial shells, and finished salute shells held separately prior to being packed with other types of Display Fireworks.”