PDA

View Full Version : Georgia Contingency

yimla
07-23-2022, 06:43 PM
I have noticed that there are starting to be more members here from Georgia and was wondering if anyone had any tips of contingency locations in Georgia? I am just south of Atlanta. As dave recommends I was hoping to start off with contingency and work on a magazine once I get more established but have not really been able to find anything within an acceptable range.

I have reached out to most of the display companies in Georgia that I can find and all that I have come up with is PyroProductions plans to add the facilities to offer it later this year. It sounds like there is a location in Atlanta but the person that told me from a type 54 facebook group could not remember the name so it might not still be there.

MrSalute
07-23-2022, 11:49 PM
I’m from Georgia and trying to get my type 54 but I’ll probably have a magazine in South Carolina since I own land there. Where exactly are you in Georgia if your in south eastern Georgia you could probably have contingency storage at their Alabama location.

yimla
07-24-2022, 06:07 PM
I’m from Georgia and trying to get my type 54 but I’ll probably have a magazine in South Carolina since I own land there. Where exactly are you in Georgia if your in south eastern Georgia you could probably have contingency storage at their Alabama location.

I am in the Stockbridge/Mcdonough area. When I talked with an ATF inspector from the Atlanta office to try and get a gauge on the state rules he mentioned that when they do Type 54 contingency in Georgia it has to be close enough that they reasonably think you would actually drive product back almost immediately when you are finished. He told me he has seen some contingencies an hour drive away but been denied due to location. I found a place down in sycamore, GA but was hesitant to move forward without a backup since I was told that from an inspector that very well could be doing the interview.

Arclight
07-25-2022, 02:35 PM
I am in the Stockbridge/Mcdonough area. When I talked with an ATF inspector from the Atlanta office to try and get a gauge on the state rules he mentioned that when they do Type 54 contingency in Georgia it has to be close enough that they reasonably think you would actually drive product back almost immediately when you are finished. He told me he has seen some contingencies an hour drive away but been denied due to location. I found a place down in sycamore, GA but was hesitant to move forward without a backup since I was told that from an inspector that very well could be doing the interview.

This must be regional. Here in CA, there aren't a lot of good magazine locations where I am. So my magazine is over 90min away and I do contingency for a couple of blasters that are even farther. They definitely don't like your storage to be in a different state than your license is for.

Salutecake
08-04-2022, 12:02 PM
Yep I think your right Arclight, not only regional but per Inspector.

Arclight
08-05-2022, 12:07 AM
Another way you might get around that: Is there a good shoot site that is closer to your contingency or on the way back? I think you could make a good case that you plan to:
1. Pick up product and shoot it.
2. Return via the contingency location if you have to call it off.

yimla
08-09-2022, 08:39 AM
Another way you might get around that: Is there a good shoot site that is closer to your contingency or on the way back? I think you could make a good case that you plan to:
1. Pick up product and shoot it.
2. Return via the contingency location if you have to call it off.

I have a few different shoot sites in mind and have looked near all of them. Unfortunately, non of them are really near a border where most of the contingency storages I can find are. It seems like not many 1.3g distributors have set up in Georgia yet (hopefully someday more will come). I will keep reaching out but might have to wait until I have the ability to put in a job box magazine.