View Full Version : 2012 bigs pro 3"

fireworksman74
02-28-2012, 09:44 PM
The 2012 batch of the pro 3" NOAB is far far less impressive then the performance of years past. Ive been told that they are using like half the comp from years past.

J's12talk
02-28-2012, 09:50 PM
The 2012 batch of the pro 3" NOAB is far far less impressive then the performance of years past. Ive been told that they are using like half the comp from years past.

It doesn't suprise me that cake was off the charts. What a shame.

Dart
02-28-2012, 10:17 PM
I can also confirm it does not perform as it did in 2011. Now the question is......what is the top item from bigs in 2012....?

fireworksman74
02-28-2012, 10:24 PM
The pro shells are awesome this year

indianahx
02-28-2012, 10:56 PM
Massive series

Pyro Nation
02-28-2012, 11:43 PM
The Massive series looks interesting and amazing.. I never used them but heard great things about them..... Hoping to maybe snag 1 or 2 to try soon.

Pro shells I will be using in a show I am doing next week.. Looking forward to it

Dart
03-01-2012, 06:12 PM
The Massive series looks interesting and amazing.. I never used them but heard great things about them..... Hoping to maybe snag 1 or 2 to try soon.

They are nice items, but are dominator brand rewraps....
I'm looking for top quality Bigs exclusive type items, stuff like pro3 or power.....
pm me if anyone has any info they'd like to quietly share

indianahx
03-01-2012, 08:29 PM
What's wrong with re-wraps....specifically dominator brand re-wraps????? As one of the upper echelons in the fireworks business I'd be shocked if a company didn't want to jump all over throwing their wrapper over something that is constantly talked about.

However, there are tons of house brands that certainly have that WOW factor, its just a matter of finding them. I personally haven't heard of any "bigs specific" brand items that are absolutely must have except for the obvious pro shells and the like. From my last visit to the indy store I picked up a pack of HD shells just bc I've heard good things about them with the various neon and effects in them.

indianahx
03-01-2012, 09:31 PM
Also, whiskey tango seems to get plenty of chatter even though its only packed 3/1.....nonetheless I'm hoping to hop on some of those.

Pyro Nation
03-01-2012, 09:34 PM
Whiskey Tango, Spyder, Massive Strobing, Massive Brocade are the ones I am eyeing up to use in my show next Friday

jknepp1954
03-01-2012, 11:26 PM
back to the pro 3" - i have never seen them but heard alot of chatter last year - but by that time - they were sold out.
So yes i hear they are not quite as good - but are they good enough to still qualify to still get anyway?
I mean like for example the WOW factor was a 10 + factor last year - would you say there are still at least a 9 factor this year? or even an 8 factor?

Dart
03-01-2012, 11:38 PM
jknepp1954, you already have items with comparable performance in your lineup. That being said, you'll likely get people looking for it this season based on last yrs performance.

fogle22
03-13-2012, 08:25 PM
Whiskey Tango is a must have for me. I liked One Dumb Cousin, Crazy Bitch and Smokin Aces.

Massive Strobe is incredible, especially if doubled up on a board with a 200g strobing cake for lower level. Massive American is the best RWB cake Big has IMO. I liked it better than BMF last year.

Pro Shells are the money, I believe they are the best on the market (same as Exterminators, but cheaper). I'm going to buy a few cases of the preloaded #300 this year, I've heard they are very impressive.

J's12talk
03-13-2012, 10:00 PM
Whiskey Tango is a must have for me. I liked One Dumb Cousin, Crazy Bitch and Smokin Aces.

Massive Strobe is incredible, especially if doubled up on a board with a 200g strobing cake for lower level. Massive American is the best RWB cake Big has IMO. I liked it better than BMF last year.

Pro Shells are the money, I believe they are the best on the market (same as Exterminators, but cheaper). I'm going to buy a few cases of the preloaded #300 this year, I've heard they are very impressive.

Kneppys demo'd the #300's last year, they were nice but unless your looking for one certain affect I've never felt single shots like them were ever worth the money.