PDA

View Full Version : Found Shell after show... Thoughts and Advice?

PyroWalker
07-12-2022, 06:53 PM
After my show on July 1st, I searched the entire yard/debris field for anything that didn't fire. I had everything out of the tubes and the cakes/slices that didn't fire. I thought I was all good. I even checked the video multiple times to make sure I didn't miss anything from the script.

Well I was about to mow the lawn today and my mower had an issue that will require me to have it sent in to fix. A few hours later I am out playing with the dog, and about 300ft from the last of the debris field I find this unexploded shell (see picture below). Clearly this is from a NOAB, as I didn't fire anything bigger than that in my 1.4 and AOP show. It looks like the lift charge went off, but it didn't explode. I am amazed at the distance, and grateful that I didn't end up running it over with the mower today!!

Any thoughts on what happened and what I should (or can) do with it??? I think it is from the Ghost Dragon NOAB by Raccoon.

Birdman
07-12-2022, 07:02 PM
That is NOAB shell for sure. I'd soak it a bucket of water and dismantle it.

PyroFL
07-12-2022, 07:15 PM
Agree with Birdman

Engineer Cat
07-12-2022, 07:24 PM
I'd like to know if it's a 2in shell hiding in a 3in shell like some videos I've seen online about NOABs.

PyroWalker
07-12-2022, 07:32 PM
I'd like to know if it's a 2in shell hiding in a 3in shell like some videos I've seen online about NOABs.

I am more than willing to dissect it for curiosity purposes.

Engineer Cat
07-12-2022, 07:35 PM
I am more than willing to dissect it for curiosity purposes.

Nice, I'd give it a good drowning first like Birdman said.

Rick_In_Tampa
07-13-2022, 10:19 PM
That looks like a 1.3G product. Hard to tell the size but it looks like the time fuse didn't light because it was glued to the bottom of the lift cup. Or I could be wrong because it's hard to tell from the pictures. In any event, I'd soak the crap out of it like the others said.

PyroWalker
07-14-2022, 08:01 AM
That looks like a 1.3G product. Hard to tell the size but it looks like the time fuse didn't light because it was glued to the bottom of the lift cup. Or I could be wrong because it's hard to tell from the pictures. In any event, I'd soak the crap out of it like the others said.

It is not a 1.3G product, because my show was only 1.4 and AOP product. I ended up finding it in my show video. It is one of the shells from Raccoon's Ghost Dragon NOAB's. I have video of the lift but it didn't break. It got plenty soaked since we had had several nights of downpour rain while it was setting out in the yard!! I do plan to take it apart, but haven't had time yet.

jamisonlm3
07-14-2022, 01:35 PM
That looks like a 1.3G product. Hard to tell the size but it looks like the time fuse didn't light because it was glued to the bottom of the lift cup. Or I could be wrong because it's hard to tell from the pictures. In any event, I'd soak the crap out of it like the others said.Alot of the really nice cakes and noabs are using very well made ball shells.

Birdman
07-14-2022, 02:07 PM
Alot of the really nice cakes and noabs are using very well made ball shells.

Agree, I believe what makes most NOAB breaks nicer then others is the construction and not the size. But to the average consumer they just see 2" or 3" and think it's because bigger equals better.

Salutecake
07-18-2022, 09:10 PM
2, 3 or 7 inch only so much powder in 1.4.

Scotty Rockets
07-18-2022, 09:51 PM
You don’t get that same quality shell in other cakes, that’s why the good 9 to 12 shot and NOABS have the effects that other cakes don’t. That’s a quality built shell for sure. Time fuse burned out before getting to the break, it happens but rare. A lot of 1.3 shells have 2 time fuses or spoulettes as redundancy.