PDA

View Full Version : Short, cheap and sweet pyromusical. Last minute idea for a friend.

chopperthedog
07-09-2022, 08:40 PM
I envy all you folks and your deep pockets, I'm just a dude full of ideas and a couple bucks to spare.

Had no plans to do anything, but had a friend in the dumps still 6 weeks after having his entire rib cage readjusted for the 3rd time (his sternum grows inward). After getting off phone with him on Friday and I listened back to an album that I recorded with him when I had a studio in a past life. There was one song that was begging for pyro that had a nice tempo and changes, woke up Sat and hit the computer to get the ideas in my head programmed. Pulled needed inventory, wired it up.

My yard isn't ideal, I set stuff up on scaffold to get a better clearance from my wires. Neighbors were and always hip and I get for permission to do fire sweep right after and clean up crap in yards next day.

https://youtu.be/Q5eOsf0mM1A

Send vid to my buddy in the morning and I got back a "WTF!! that's ****ing awesome! made my day"

Cake during solo was supposed to be faster paced. Always like doing the 12 cue "rapid" sequence with the chinese rig for that quick spurt of predictable timed sky puke at the end.

good day.

Engineer Cat
07-09-2022, 09:45 PM
Nice job. Went well with the song. I left the recording studio 10 years ago. I still have some equipment and record music for fun. I replaced recording music and editing with pyromusicals. lol

Jay_
07-09-2022, 10:28 PM
Looked good, absolutely nothing wrong with a short show. Keeping it lit up is the name of the game, and you did that well. Nice job!

Birdman
07-10-2022, 09:49 AM
Happy to see you decided to post your video! I wish we had more people posting videos of smaller shows. Since you didn't mention it I will. This show was shot with the new system that uses the consumer import system modules but also allows you to script. I won't call it out by name since it isn't an advertiser here. Thanks for sharing and look forward to what you're next step is.

Engineer Cat
07-10-2022, 05:55 PM
Happy to see you decided to post your video! I wish we had more people posting videos of smaller shows. Since you didn't mention it I will. This show was shot with the new system that uses the consumer import system modules but also allows you to script. I won't call it out by name since it isn't an advertiser here. Thanks for sharing and look forward to what you're next step is.

Ahhh the square thing. :p Didn't know that. Well it appears to have worked well.

Rick_In_Tampa
07-10-2022, 08:51 PM
First things first. Don't sell yourself short. It doesn't take deep pockets to put on a good show. You just proved that.

Second. You've got bigger stones than I do for shooting in such close quarters to those houses and wires! Holy crap that looks tight.

Finally, your friend's reaction is why we do this. For ourselves, yes. But isn't it more fun watching other people smile at what we do? Yeah... Every day and twice on Sunday. :cool:

Good job!

Mattp
07-11-2022, 12:12 PM
your title says it perfectly!!... short and sweet!!! it was 3 minutes of non-stop pyro!! which is awesome!!!! and that was a pretty cool song/ song for pyro too.. i thoroughly enjoyed watching that,, hope your friend feels better!!

chopperthedog
07-14-2022, 06:14 PM
Thanks to all! This is fun stuff, I like taking that concert lighting approach and build the song up at the right spots and bring it back down for the verse, get the big cue hits. For anyone that missed it, this was my first stab at a pyromusical last sept labor day weekend, was at a much better shoot site, but bad first time gopro settings and missed all the high stuff. I got better with that on my 2022 video.

https://youtu.be/T4bhy2h-BWs

Ahhh the square thing. :p Didn't know that. Well it appears to have worked well.

It did work well, I screwed up a shell cue in first chorus and final cue on last hit, had wrong address set, but that didn't screw up other cues. I used a PC to fire show for the better audio dac signal to my speakers, but I did do a screen cap of the phone app running after the fact and added to another edit of the video.

https://youtu.be/yfvZbk5RuVk

First things first. Don't sell yourself short. It doesn't take deep pockets to put on a good show. You just proved that.

Second. You've got bigger stones than I do for shooting in such close quarters to those houses and wires! Holy crap that looks tight.

Finally, your friend's reaction is why we do this. For ourselves, yes. But isn't it more fun watching other people smile at what we do? Yeah... Every day and twice on Sunday. :cool:

Good job!

Thank ya sir. Yes, tight. No beer, hyper focused, cargo shorts with a 16oz can of fire stop in each pocket, couple 5al buckets of water placed in alley, 150ft of garden hose laid out in an infinity pattern. Weather worked well that night, had a small breeze out of southwest and most debris ended up right in the alley. Did the 3min show on 2nd when it was still quiet, but oh man on the 3rd, especially the 4th my neighbors and surrounding blocks were lit.

good day.