PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Backyard Joe
07-09-2022, 12:26 PM
Hello fellow pyros! Long time pyro, first time poster.

I’ve been following this forum for a few years and figured it’s time to finally join. Thanks to this site, my shows have steadily progressed. I want to thank the members of this forum for sharing their pyro knowledge. I have learned so much regarding safety and various techniques along the way.

Like many, I started with a simple hand lit show. Eventually, I progressed to using timed fuse. My fusing techniques of that show left a lot to be desired and resulted in lots of back and forth trips to relight the show.

That very same year, I ‘upgraded’ to the cheap 12 que system and did a second show on Labor Day. I knew immediately that I was on to something! The show turned out great…at least by my standards back then. I steadily progressed by adding multiple 12 que systems…I had four units on the last show that I fired that way. I had the remotes labeled 1-4 with a que sheet by my side. The audience loved the shows but it was impossible to not make mistakes…they were only known to me but frustrating never the less.

With insight from this forum, I did my first pyromusical this year. I upgraded to a Cobra with the audio box. With all the utube videos out there, I was able to create my soundtrack with Audacity and script it with Show Creator. Based on some recommendations from posts on this forum, I purchased a pair of quality speakers capable of overcoming the fireworks. The show was outstanding!

A huge thank you to the contributing members of this forum and the folks at Cobra!

Birdman
07-09-2022, 12:58 PM
Welcome aboard! Do you have a video of your show?

Engineer Cat
07-10-2022, 01:59 AM
Welcome to the forum. I started off the same way. Once I realized I can't look at the sky, the clock and spreadsheet I had telling me which button to press, I switched to a pro system that could be programmed.

PyroJoeNEPA
10-14-2022, 10:10 AM
It sounds like you have come a long way in a short time. And welcome" out of the shadows & into the light of the Forum.

Rick_In_Tampa
10-14-2022, 09:46 PM
Welcome. Your post is pretty much the pyro blueprint for how to evolve in the hobby/art. I think we've all followed that same blueprint. I know I did. Again. Welcome. Post some show video if you have any.

Backyard Joe
10-17-2022, 11:34 PM
Here’s a link to the last few minutes of my show. Unfortunately, I didn’t get video of the whole thing.

https://youtu.be/0Y0RDPmzQ1I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Y0RDPmzQ1I

I’m already working on the next one. I’ve since upgraded my Cobra equipment to DMX. Hopefully I’m able to include that with my next show.