PDA

View Full Version : 2022 4th of July Fireworks Show

thoridian85
07-08-2022, 10:26 PM
Second year with the Cobra system and by far my largest show attempt. Overall everything went well minus a miscue at the end of the finale resulting in a lingering rack of shells and a severe lack of a breeze causing smokeout conditions. Enjoy!

https://youtu.be/NJej2_IrEzM

Birdman
07-09-2022, 12:52 PM
That was a really nice show! Not much you can do about the smoke. I've seen worse. I was wondering if there was going to be a second finale after that last rack of shells or if they were meant to fire faster to end the show. There's almost always going to be something that doesn't go as planned and these were some rather minor somethings. The rick roll was pretty funny and added a touch of humor that you don't often see in shows.

thoridian85
07-09-2022, 04:04 PM
Thanks! The shells that lingered after the end of the song was a miscue, they were supposed to fire sooner and end right before the massive volley at the end but it got swapped with another rack that was fused faster.

I agree, only minor issues and considering I did all the setup myself I'll take minor issues.

That was a really nice show! Not much you can do about the smoke. I've seen worse. I was wondering if there was going to be a second finale after that last rack of shells or if they were meant to fire faster to end the show. There's almost always going to be something that doesn't go as planned and these were some rather minor somethings. The rick roll was pretty funny and added a touch of humor that you don't often see in shows.

Rick_In_Tampa
07-09-2022, 04:09 PM
Wow! Awesome show. I absolutely LOVED the purpose built black sky moments in the show. They did exactly what I was telling another user in my last post. It gives the audience time to breath and get ready for what's coming next. Your effects were awesome. I know you have great taste because I recognize most of those effects from using them in my own shows over the years. Besides the pauses between songs, you really kicked it up a few notches towards the end to fill the sky and overwhelm the senses of your audience. I'm not sure who the couple is that we can hear on the video, but I think the many "OMG's" at that point bears out what I'm saying.

Well done. Very well done indeed!

thoridian85
07-10-2022, 10:09 PM
Thank you! As much as I focus on the little things it was an awesome to see my vision come together.

Wow! Awesome show. I absolutely LOVED the purpose built black sky moments in the show. They did exactly what I was telling another user in my last post. It gives the audience time to breath and get ready for what's coming next. Your effects were awesome. I know you have great taste because I recognize most of those effects from using them in my own shows over the years. Besides the pauses between songs, you really kicked it up a few notches towards the end to fill the sky and overwhelm the senses of your audience. I'm not sure who the couple is that we can hear on the video, but I think the many "OMG's" at that point bears out what I'm saying.

Well done. Very well done indeed!

Mattp
07-11-2022, 11:58 AM
DUDE,, you killed it.. great job.. the timing on most of that was perfect... even the breaks in the sky for some parts.. crazy good ..lotta cool effects too.. ya smoke really sucks,, but nothing you could do.. and luckily it wasnt too bad!! ive had a year or two where i had to stop for a smoke pause.. because it was just going into a cloud.

thoridian85
07-11-2022, 05:02 PM
Thanks so much!

DUDE,, you killed it.. great job.. the timing on most of that was perfect... even the breaks in the sky for some parts.. crazy good ..lotta cool effects too.. ya smoke really sucks,, but nothing you could do.. and luckily it wasnt too bad!! ive had a year or two where i had to stop for a smoke pause.. because it was just going into a cloud.

Engineer Cat
07-11-2022, 05:18 PM
Solid show.

thoridian85
07-13-2022, 11:36 PM
Thanks you!

Solid show.

PYRODAN
07-14-2022, 07:22 PM
That.... was pretty awesome. My compliments to the chef!

thoridian85
07-16-2022, 12:23 AM
Thank you!

That.... was pretty awesome. My compliments to the chef!