PDA

View Full Version : My 2022 4th Video - Budget Pyromusical

Birdman
07-07-2022, 03:46 PM
Anyone following my posts over the last year will know I had to scrap my original script because I couldn't get most of the product I wanted to use. I almost gave up but the "pyro bug" bit me so I whipped together a short show. The show was almost cancelled due to not having enough boats to get my audience off the shoot site. The show was on and off again until finally on the 2nd we confirmed a rental boat was available due to a cancellation.

The weather wasn't looking good for the 4th so I decided to shoot my show on the 3rd after we heard many others on the lake were going to light their fireworks off that day. Setup took several hours working at a slow pace. My wife helped me wire the mods. My son who was suppose to fuse my finale racks couldn't do it that day because he had to get the rental boat and ended up taking a bunch of people out on it for the day.

Only major issue was a broken cue on one of my mods. It was a mirrored event so I just spliced some wires together and parallel wired into the other mod firing at the same time. The show itself was a big success with the audience. The only issues were:

one mine shell didn't fire correctly
A brick of Whistling Dixie cakes and one brick of Mr. Rex cakes didn't fire during the finale
My soundtrack was set to repeat so it started over again as the finale was firing

All fairly minor issues in the grand scheme of things.

I'm calling it a success. For show that cost me about 1K in total to put on I'm not complaining. Setup was easy. The only real disappointment is that didn't extend the soundtrack into the finale because it was a bit longer and slower then I had expected. But I wanted this to be an easy year and I got what wanted!

I got 2 decent videos of the show. The first song is from one of the video and the second is from the other. I have second video of some pictures of my shoot site and my show setup.

Shoot site and setup - https://vimeo.com/manage/videos/727873528

Show Video - https://vimeo.com/manage/videos/727861041

I'll probably be adding more commentary later.

Jay_
07-07-2022, 10:37 PM
Brother that was AWESOME! Man that finale was perfect. Loved those brocade mines at the end of the poison song. Those slices look so killer when they rip off right in front of the water.

Love your setup and loved your show. Fantastic!

Birdman
07-08-2022, 11:50 AM
Brother that was AWESOME! Man that finale was perfect. Loved those brocade mines at the end of the poison song. Those slices look so killer when they rip off right in front of the water.

Love your setup and loved your show. Fantastic!

Thanks man! I love shooting on the water and the way it reflects the effects. Just wish I had a bit more width to work with and that it was easier to get everything in and out. Some trees were removed last year so I had about an extra 5-10' to work with but it made very little difference.

Arles
07-08-2022, 02:10 PM
Great show and I liked the set up video as well

Rick_In_Tampa
07-09-2022, 08:26 PM
Finally made it to your video! Almost wish I didn't. After looking at that setup video, my back hurts and I have vertigo!

Holy crap man! How in the world do you get the stuff down there?! Is there no access point on the river you can load up a boat and drive it over there??

Show was awesome! Love watching fireworks over water. Such a cool look. I think it's amazing you're able to shoot from there. Wow....

Engineer Cat
07-09-2022, 10:26 PM
Wow

You have mentioned countless times how difficult it is to get to the shoot site, but the setup video really brings it home.

You guys should see about building a temporary funicular railway to get things up and down that slope. Can just throw an electric winch on a tree or truck and use that for the muscle.

Great show. I though it was awesome. Really nice timed effects.

chopperthedog
07-09-2022, 10:44 PM
Great shift in music styles and hits on special cues. 2 paws up from me.

good day.

Birdman
07-10-2022, 07:26 AM
Finally made it to your video! Almost wish I didn't. After looking at that setup video, my back hurts and I have vertigo!

Holy crap man! How in the world do you get the stuff down there?! Is there no access point on the river you can load up a boat and drive it over there??

Show was awesome! Love watching fireworks over water. Such a cool look. I think it's amazing you're able to shoot from there. Wow....

Now your being too kind. It was a good show but awesome is a stretch.

There is a public boat launch on the other side of the lake but this is in an unfriendly state and there is often some sort of law enforcement posted at the launch. While the lake itself is very pryo friendly I don't want to get too comfortable. Besides that, I usually take most of my product up in the spring before we have our dock and boat in the water.

Birdman
07-10-2022, 07:27 AM
Great show and I liked the set up video as well

Thanks for watching and the kind feedback!

Birdman
07-10-2022, 08:06 AM
Wow

You have mentioned countless times how difficult it is to get to the shoot site, but the setup video really brings it home.

You guys should see about building a temporary funicular railway to get things up and down that slope. Can just throw an electric winch on a tree or truck and use that for the muscle.

Great show. I though it was awesome. Really nice timed effects.

Thanks man! We have been talking for years about getting some sort of lift but for the most part we get by using the steps or the boat. I suspect my parents are going to sell in the next couple of years and I'm not sure if I have the time it takes to care for a second property 6 hrs away. Right now we can only get up there a few times a year. There seems to be some interest from other family members to turn it into a sportsman club and sharing the responsibilities but I doubt it would happen. Not to get into too much detail, I'll just say I think everyone else would want the money instead of the property and the responsibility of taking care of it in the end. I'd need to take on a second mortgage to buy the others out and that would put a pretty big damper on my current lifestyle. Although, like it was for my parents, it probably would be a good investment. I don't believe making it a rental property is feasible either.

Birdman
07-10-2022, 08:09 AM
Great shift in music styles and hits on special cues. 2 paws up from me.

good day.

Thanks for the 2 paws up! That's even better than 2 thumbs.....right? Hmmmm....I sort of like my thumbs though so I'm not sure.

Birdman
07-16-2022, 05:03 PM
I wanted to include subtitles with the product that is firing in my first video. I had some time this afternoon to go back and add them.

Here's the link to the video with subtitles:

https://vimeo.com/730636131 (https://vimeo.com/730636131)