PDA

View Full Version : 2022 Fireworks show

BeerGuyEd
07-06-2022, 03:43 PM
I at least got some video this year. It is not the greatest video quality and the video starts about 20 seconds into the show. I shoot for our local pool/tennis, basically a backyard 1.4 show with the pool/tennis members helping to pay for the fireworks. We had to speed up our time table and thunder and lightning were going off all around us. Luckily we were able to get the show off before the rain.

Some timing was off on the cakes with some being faster than expected, and some being slower. The show itself shot great. Only 1 rack of shells did not go off that I could tell. I did not get to check much since the rain started about 10 minutes after the show (I was still packing up my gear) and by 20 minutes after the show it was pouring rain. We had to stay and clean up the tennis courts the best we could in the rain. That part sucked.

Entire show shot off 18R2, 1 - 18M with slats, 1 - 36M with slats, 1 - 72M.

Hope you enjoy. Next year I am going to get some 1.4 Pro for the show. Feedback is always welcome.

https://youtu.be/VoQxjhEAJnY

Jay_
07-06-2022, 04:26 PM
Great show Ed! That brocade to blue mine cake that you first shot at 2:48 was beautiful. That camera bump at 4:32 scared the crap out of me. I also have to admit that your fake finale at 7:41 got me...I thought that was it. Your actual finale was just right, loved it!

BeerGuyEd
07-06-2022, 04:48 PM
Great show Ed! That brocade to blue mine cake that you first shot at 2:48 was beautiful. That camera bump at 4:32 scared the crap out of me. I also have to admit that your fake finale at 7:41 got me...I thought that was it. Your actual finale was just right, loved it!

Thank you so much. The blue mine cake is actually 2 different cakes. Power Up is the one shot at 2:48. All of the other blue mines are from Triple Decker. I do loved both of those. I am so happy to hear that the fake got you. The timing was off a bit from what was planned. The music was silent for 5 seconds while the Nishiki rained down, and then the Grindolas were supposed to fire after the silence. Between the Grindolas going off a little early and the cakes taking longer then expected it was off from the original plan but still worked for the show.

Birdman
07-08-2022, 12:56 PM
Nice show. Looks like a great place to shoot at. Not much you can do about cakes not firing the expected duration etc. It's something I think we all have to deal with and except is going to happen. Looking forward to seeing what you can do with AOP next year!

Engineer Cat
07-10-2022, 02:48 AM
Nice work. Good soundtrack. I liked the thunderstorm in the background. It was like free strobes without loosing cues. LOL

BeerGuyEd
07-11-2022, 09:13 AM
Nice work. Good soundtrack. I liked the thunderstorm in the background. It was like free strobes without loosing cues. LOL

Thank you very much. I was happy the thunderstorm held off until after the show finished. I was able to pack the cobra gear up before it got too wet from the rain.

Mattp
07-11-2022, 11:41 AM
great job,, excellent song choices... almost everyone of those songs are on my "use one day" list ... especially the james brown.. nice products,, awesome finale,, and definitely some luck with the rain holding off.. but still leaving you enough air for the smoke to clear.. and ya the camera bump got me too..LOL

Rick_In_Tampa
07-11-2022, 09:50 PM
Ed that was AWESOME!! I would have loved to see that show in person. I loves me some crackle! The color changing peonies were amazing too. Definitely sensory overload right there. Big bright vibrant colors in all your effects. Great song choices too. I believe that was a TSO finale, yes?

Very well done!! Very well done indeed.

BeerGuyEd
07-12-2022, 03:24 PM
Ed that was AWESOME!! I would have loved to see that show in person. I loves me some crackle! The color changing peonies were amazing too. Definitely sensory overload right there. Big bright vibrant colors in all your effects. Great song choices too. I believe that was a TSO finale, yes?

Very well done!! Very well done indeed.

Yes, that was a TSO finale. Thank you so much for the kind words. I love watching your show Rick, you have inspired me to keep improving with each year.

Rick_In_Tampa
07-13-2022, 10:21 PM
Yes, that was a TSO finale. Thank you so much for the kind words. I love watching your show Rick, you have inspired me to keep improving with each year.

Thanks Ed. You're providing lots of inspiration yourself my friend.