PDA

View Full Version : Our 2022 backyard show is finally up

Lonely Bros Pyros
07-06-2022, 11:34 AM
We finally got our 2022 show up. This is for our rural neighborhood. We are up on a hill, so most of our neighbors just watch from their houses. A few folks gathered in our backyard, mostly family. The second video is of our epic finale. The video doesn't do the sky justice. We had quite the canopy of willows/nishiki coming down. Folks loved looking into the "stars." I always say it's like looking back into the big bang.

https://youtu.be/7DJ_XhB4clM
https://youtu.be/Lhx6ZRE3zso

Arles
07-07-2022, 08:06 AM
Respectfully and just my opinion, but I think you’re burning money only to end up boring people. 10 inch display shells would get boring after that long, much less looking at small consumer fireworks shot into the exact same spot for 40 minutes.

Lonely Bros Pyros
07-07-2022, 01:25 PM
To each their own. My crowd enjoyed it and couldn't believe it was over already. But you do you.

Birdman
07-08-2022, 11:24 AM
Respectfully and just my opinion, but I think you’re burning money only to end up boring people. 10 inch display shells would get boring after that long, much less looking at small consumer fireworks shot into the exact same spot for 40 minutes.

In fairness, those of us that are pyro enthusiasts may get bored watching this type of show but to the average person it's very enjoyable. I've had a couple of people suggest I do shows more like this so they could enjoy each firework and have have the show last longer. They think what many of us do is a waste of money.

Mattp
07-11-2022, 01:02 PM
HAHA!! good job man.. definitely was a long show.. but was good because it was constantly something in the air... the way i used to do it,, we'd be out there for 2-3 hours and there would be like 5-10 minutes in between fireworks.. people watching got bored as hell.. with something always going up like that... i could watch it all night !!! what was that finale box at the end ???

Lonely Bros Pyros
07-11-2022, 03:10 PM
Thanks guys. I can't mention the name of that box. I'll PM you.

Lonely Bros Pyros
07-11-2022, 03:13 PM
Also, here was a quick walk through the show setup. My nephew didn't see I was filming and he yelled to me and it stopped my train of thought at the end!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8M09VRn2To8

Lonely Bros Pyros
07-11-2022, 03:20 PM
somehow my edit didn't take. More than 1 person said they wanted a slower show to enjoy the effects. We actually tried to have a little faster show, but the 200g opener went over 5 minutes. I fused it just like last year and that went in 1min 30sec. We were shooting for 35-40 minutes, but hey, we all had fun.

gecko2015
07-11-2022, 10:43 PM
I agree with Birdman. Shows like this may seem boring (especially on video) to us who have seen numerous highly choreographed firework shows. But in-person, shows like this are VERY enjoyable. I actually enjoy single shots myself so I can watch the unique individual effects of each firework and hear the slow rolling echo of each bang travel it's distance. That's something you don't get when you have 3+ cakes going in the air non-stop.

While I personally wouldn't feel comfortable doing a 1 hour show out of respect for my neighbors; if you've got the space and your community enjoy it, do what you and the audience enjoy doing. I personally would love to watch a 1 hour show in-person. Videos NEVER do them justice and never will.

Also, could you PM me that last finale box ;)