View Full Version : My backyard 2022 show

topshelfpyro
07-05-2022, 02:51 PM
Youtube(prince) may block the video again or silence part of the music for about 45 sec.....unedited video and the music is as recorded from the camera. Speakers were about 50' away.

800+ cues, 43 positions, shot with 14 fireTEK FTQ64 mods. Flawless execution by fireTEK.

https://youtu.be/Qy_p6zJctJg

Jay_
07-05-2022, 09:52 PM
Awesome! man there was a TON of single effects in there. I will guarantee you that was a lot of work, nice job and nice show!

Arles
07-06-2022, 03:11 PM
Wow, extremely impressive production!

bigmike06
07-08-2022, 07:05 AM
Awesome Job. Great song mix. How big were the fuel mines you shot off in Light Em Up?

Birdman
07-08-2022, 10:20 AM
Now I know where all of the AOP went this year ;)

I agree with Arles....extremely impressive production!

topshelfpyro
07-09-2022, 05:41 PM
Awesome! man there was a TON of single effects in there. I will guarantee you that was a lot of work, nice job and nice show!

Yes, a ton of work. Thank you for the kind words!

topshelfpyro
07-09-2022, 05:41 PM
Wow, extremely impressive production!

Thank you!

topshelfpyro
07-09-2022, 05:42 PM
Awesome Job. Great song mix. How big were the fuel mines you shot off in Light Em Up?

Thank you! 6" fuel mines. The last was 2- 6" at the same time.

topshelfpyro
07-09-2022, 05:44 PM
Now I know where all of the AOP went this year ;)

I agree with Arles....extremely impressive production!

Thank you! Alot of those singles were broken down cakes! I tried to leave some for ya'll. :)

Birdman
07-09-2022, 05:51 PM
Thank you! Alot of those singles were broken down cakes! I tried to leave some for ya'll. :)

Oh wow! Even more work than I imagined.

Rick_In_Tampa
07-09-2022, 08:06 PM
Dude.... You're out of your effin mind with this! I mean C'mon... Calling this your "backyard show" is like calling Buckingham Palace "my little crib 'round back."

I mean GTF out of here! That was amazing! As someone else already commented, now I know why I couldn't get any AOP this year. Wow. That was phenomenal. I have seen TONS of shows (including PGI professional shows) and I have never seen a show timed so perfectly. That finale should be taught as textbook how to plan a finale.

I am just at a loss for words.... Wow!

topshelfpyro
07-10-2022, 12:54 AM
Dude.... You're out of your effin mind with this! I mean C'mon... Calling this your "backyard show" is like calling Buckingham Palace "my little crib 'round back."

I mean GTF out of here! That was amazing! As someone else already commented, now I know why I couldn't get any AOP this year. Wow. That was phenomenal. I have seen TONS of shows (including PGI professional shows) and I have never seen a show timed so perfectly. That finale should be taught as textbook how to plan a finale.

I am just at a loss for words.... Wow!

Thank you Rick! Very kind words coming from someone that does amazing shows every year!

Engineer Cat
07-10-2022, 01:43 AM
Very nice show!

I stopped using youtube for pyro videos and switched to Vimeo cause I was always getting copyright flagged on youtube. And it's not even like thousands of people watch the videos. Just you guys, family and friends. lol

topshelfpyro
07-10-2022, 01:49 AM
Very nice show!

I stopped using youtube for pyro videos and switched to Vimeo cause I was always getting copyright flagged on youtube. And it's not even like thousands of people watch the videos. Just you guys, family and friends. lol

Thank you! I need to look into Vimeo, I just post the direct link to the video as well but 6 gigs is alot to deal with. I don't care about the copyright flag (give credit where credit is due) since I dont try to monetize but it being blocked (by Prince) is irritating. Now at least that part is just muted.....

WithReport
07-20-2022, 01:38 AM
Top Notch!!!! That was great. So many single shot patterns and sequences.

The last segment was just incredible!!!

Our kids are spoiled! The highlight of my 4th of July's growing up was getting out the tall ladder and putting fountains on it.

PYRODAN
07-20-2022, 06:28 PM
Outstanding show! Your timing was spot on. Watching all these videos I noticed one common thread. No one had a breeze to move the smoke!

retlawman344
07-24-2022, 02:03 PM
THAT is waaaay above my pay grade. Spend a lot of money on fireworks, make a lot of noise as I wish America a happy birthday each 4th of July. Very very nice job!!!

Otherone65
07-26-2022, 10:46 PM
That was really impressive! I can't imagine the effort that went into that. Really well done!

PyroWalker
10-01-2022, 12:51 PM
Absolutely tremendous show and so well executed. I am curious how wide your shooting area is and how you set up your positions, if you don't mind sharing! Very impressive. (and I have your finale song slated for a future opener or finale as well)

topshelfpyro
10-03-2022, 01:38 AM
Absolutely tremendous show and so well executed. I am curious how wide your shooting area is and how you set up your positions, if you don't mind sharing! Very impressive. (and I have your finale song slated for a future opener or finale as well)

The "real" area is 100' wide. I also put a craigco rack 90' from the center line on each side (labeled left and right) and angled it to shoot under the tree limbs. Position wise...

6424 The "count" on the screen includes DMX items and the "price" isn't even close LOL

topshelfpyro
10-03-2022, 02:05 AM
Some of the equipment used:
12- 36 shot Craigco single shot racks
11- 4' long poor mans Craigco racks "peg"
12- single head Moka DMX flame machines and 2 moka DMX par lights which didn't work since we forgot to plug in the DMX cable.......:mad:
6- 6" fireballs
25- 6 shot mortar racks
14- FireTEK FTQ 16x64 Modules Lots of 16 cue rails LOL
4- QSC K12.2 Speakers
1- QSC KS118 sub

PyroWalker
10-03-2022, 08:21 AM
The "real" area is 100' wide. I also put a craigco rack 90' from the center line on each side (labeled left and right) and angled it to shoot under the tree limbs. Position wise...

6424 The "count" on the screen includes DMX items and the "price" isn't even close LOL

Thank you for sharing all that info! I am using fireballs next year, and I was worried about my space. Your information and show reinforces that I am seriously far too conservative in what I can do in my space!

topshelfpyro
10-03-2022, 01:31 PM
Your welcome and thank you for the kind words! Here's a couple of set up pics.....the metal cages are cake barriers, single shots and slices are in front of them. You can't see the "right" or "left" positions but "right" is down in that tree line. I put a welding blanket under the craigco rack to keep the dry stuff from catching on fire. What I wish I had even more than width is depth. My audience starts at 125' from the cakes hence the barriers. You can also see the house behind the fence which always gives me pause, I offer every year to pay to have the windows boarded but they decline. The fireballs are about 80' from the front of the audience so they are pretty impressive LOL. I always talk about them, so everyone knows they are going to happen before I tell everyone to stand for the National Anthem but really they are the safest thing out there!

6425 6426 6427

PyroWalker
10-05-2022, 09:01 AM
Your welcome and thank you for the kind words! Here's a couple of set up pics.....the metal cages are cake barriers, single shots and slices are in front of them. You can't see the "right" or "left" positions but "right" is down in that tree line. I put a welding blanket under the craigco rack to keep the dry stuff from catching on fire. What I wish I had even more than width is depth. My audience starts at 125' from the cakes hence the barriers. You can also see the house behind the fence which always gives me pause, I offer every year to pay to have the windows boarded but they decline. The fireballs are about 80' from the front of the audience so they are pretty impressive LOL. I always talk about them, so everyone knows they are going to happen before I tell everyone to stand for the National Anthem but really they are the safest thing out there!

6425 6426 6427

I have welding blankets I use as well. My house is much closer to the shoot site than my audience, but I usually hose down the back side and the roof if we haven't had rain. I like the cake cage idea! My audience is almost exactly 200ft from the frontline, which is usually just fountains/flame-strobe pots, so I feel better about that. I shoot along a creek, and behind the creek is a cow lot. The neighbor used to keep his haybales along his fence line, along the creek, but he stopped doing that the last several years. I didn't shoot along the creek until he moved them. I'm glad he did, because it doubled my width!