PDA

View Full Version : My 2022 show

PYRODAN
07-04-2022, 08:42 AM
Shot our show Saturday night. No one lost an eye or finger. 2 cakes didn't fire. 1 cake burned out half way through. I ran my comets a little too fast and did not get the effect I wanted. Had 5 seconds of black sky. Which seemed like an eternity. I was going to step to the next que, but "its just 5 seconds." Every one said it was pretty awesome, however I didn't feel it was my best work. But given budget and product availability, it was the best I could do. "WAIT TILL NEXT YEAR!"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kAWobPbidQ

PYRODAN
07-04-2022, 03:59 PM
UPDATE, AFTER ACTION REPORT;634263436344
The 3 cakes that did not fire were: Neon Jellyfish and Fan favorite(x2) On one fan fav the internal fuse failed about half way through. The other Fan fav the initiator did not fire. Checked the script, its in there, Hooked to a 9v battery and it went off. Had continuity on all cues. I do not know why it did not fire. The last cake was neon jellyfish. The initiator fired, but did not lite the fuse. I re-matched them and will try to set them off tonight.

Engineer Cat
07-04-2022, 04:35 PM
Considering that 1 week ago you decided to put a show together I thought it turned out great.

Mattp
07-05-2022, 12:50 AM
Great job,, I like those ghost ring ones a lot,, sucks when something doesn’t go off ,, especially in the moment worried is everything else going to go,, but all in all excellent show,, and yeah ,, especially for throwing it together last minute

R. Derrick
07-05-2022, 10:26 AM
Great job! I feel ya on the show not going as planned... mine was a disaster according to my intent, but people said they enjoyed it... however it was mostly the field hand firing and not my show...

I enjoyed watching! Thanks for posting

Jay_
07-05-2022, 09:43 PM
Man I love the way you just rip your intros! Another fantastic show, you are a talented script artist.

The echo at your site is awesome, its incredibly loud

Birdman
07-08-2022, 04:23 PM
I thought it was a really nice show. Well paced with a good combination of effects. Just enough going on to keep it very interesting but not overwhelming. Very well done for what you had to work with!

Rick_In_Tampa
07-09-2022, 05:30 PM
Very nice show Dan! Looks like it was a Dominator show. Love the bright vibrant colors of their effects. Also love your shoot site. Looks like a picture postcard type of site.

Very nice as always!!

PYRODAN
07-10-2022, 08:45 PM
I thought it was a really nice show. Well paced with a good combination of effects. Just enough going on to keep it very interesting but not overwhelming. Very well done for what you had to work with!

LOL, mostly cause that was all I could afford and get!

PYRODAN
07-10-2022, 08:51 PM
Man I love the way you just rip your intros! Another fantastic show, you are a talented script artist.

The echo at your site is awesome, its incredibly loud

The pond is surrounded by very tall trees. It tends to contain a lot of the noise. And thank you for the compliment!