PDA

View Full Version : Smoky times this year.

jtfannin
07-03-2022, 09:21 PM
Definitely had some ups and downs this year with the weather. Hot, humid, rain, and 0 wind. A few things didn’t fire due to wires pulled out with tarping. Smoke was so thick you could cut it with a knife. Enjoy.

https://youtu.be/SuxOPvwOkLE

morrison2951
07-04-2022, 07:24 AM
Success last night!

PYRODAN
07-04-2022, 08:50 AM
Definitely had some ups and downs this year with the weather. Hot, humid, rain, and 0 wind. A few things didn’t fire due to wires pulled out with tarping. Smoke was so thick you could cut it with a knife. Enjoy.

Yeah, lingering smoke can be a bummer. Very nice show.

Engineer Cat
07-04-2022, 04:23 PM

Nice job on the show. Really liked the crazy train intro.

jtfannin
07-04-2022, 04:35 PM
Nice job on the show. Really liked the crazy train intro.

I think the that intro is where the smoke started to pile up.

PyroWalker
07-05-2022, 10:15 AM
Same for my show. 78% humidity when I started the show and ZERO wind. My Nishiki Willow Finale was completely obscured in the video. A lot of my show was obscured in the video. The people there thought it was great. But it is upsetting to me that my video sucks.

jtfannin
07-05-2022, 06:02 PM
Same for my show. 78% humidity when I started the show and ZERO wind. My Nishiki Willow Finale was completely obscured in the video. A lot of my show was obscured in the video. The people there thought it was great. But it is upsetting to me that my video sucks.

Mother Nature has a way of punishing us sometimes. All year planning the show but you can’t control the weather.

Schooter4
07-06-2022, 09:28 AM
Nice Show. I was in the same boat with the weather. Up until the morning of the 4th, I wasn't sure if we would be able to do the show because rain was in the forecast.

Mattp
07-06-2022, 09:33 AM
That was awesome!!! Great music amazing product choices,, the more single shot I use,, the more I like them,, but the setup is quite time intensive !! Ya weather can be a buzzkill for sure,,, and there’s nothing could do about it,, I’ve considered getting industrial size fans pointed up ,,, and definitely put those kids to work,, that’s great!!! ,, my kids want to help so bad,, but their still a little too young for that

jtfannin
07-06-2022, 10:50 AM
That was awesome!!! Great music amazing product choices,, the more single shot I use,, the more I like them,, but the setup is quite time intensive !! Ya weather can be a buzzkill for sure,,, and there’s nothing could do about it,, I’ve considered getting industrial size fans pointed up ,,, and definitely put those kids to work,, that’s great!!! ,, my kids want to help so bad,, but their still a little too young for that

My daughter wired up 90% of the cues. She has been helping for several years but this show was mostly her. She fused all of the finale boards as well. Proud.

Birdman
07-08-2022, 01:23 PM
So jealous when I see these setup videos where there is so much help and resources to work with. It shows in the quality of the production every time. Unfortunately you can't do anything about the weather. Awesome show!

Engineer Cat
07-10-2022, 02:37 AM
So jealous when I see these setup videos where there is so much help and resources to work with. It shows in the quality of the production every time. Unfortunately you can't do anything about the weather. Awesome show!

Ditto, I run everything solo with only some held to drag down cake boards. :(

Jay_
07-11-2022, 12:11 AM
This is one of the best shows I have seen this year. Don't know how I just now saw this thread.

The DMX work, the tasteful single effect work, the great timing on everything.

Really dig what you did with your comets throughout. Just an awesome show overall!

Like everyone else, Jealous of your help. It usually just me up on the side of that hill with the 100* heat blazing down on me.

Great job

jtfannin
07-11-2022, 06:26 AM
This is one of the best shows I have seen this year. Don't know how I just now saw this thread.

The DMX work, the tasteful single effect work, the great timing on everything.

Really dig what you did with your comets throughout. Just an awesome show overall!

Like everyone else, Jealous of your help. It usually just me up on the side of that hill with the 100* heat blazing down on me.

Great job

Thanks Jay. My help is pretty much all family as well. My brother and I along with our parents and kids. On shoot day I have a couple work buddies for muscle. I didn’t realize that having help was uncommon until I saw all these comments about it. BTW I really dig your YouTube name.

Rick_In_Tampa
07-11-2022, 10:34 PM
Awesome show!! Definitely loved how you incorporated the ground lights into each song. I think "Wonderful Life" was my favorite. Love the falling leaves effect and they worked extremely well with the light and that song. It was also a great change of pace song that I don't think enough people use in their shows.

The shoot site was amazing! I would kill for that kind of space. Those ladies really earned their money that day too. Great crew you have.

All around great job!!