PDA

View Full Version : Just call me Debbie Downer

crayzkirk
07-02-2022, 04:13 AM
I'm bummed out; we have been planning our celebration for months. Family coming down, bringing the grandkids and... Covid-19 hits the kids. Cancel that weekend. Okay, we had two weekends planned. Friends coming down and... Covid-19 again on one of the spouses. Hoping everyone is going to be okay.

I was expecting prices to be higher this year and they were, about 20% higher. Then I found out that my favorite place changed their policy of 66% off retail on orders over $1000 to $2000. Since we would do a group buy, getting to $2000 was usually possible. Normal is 50% off and it would seem that 16% isn't that big of a deal however paying $40 instead of $60 for a 500 gram cake adds up fast. Selection wasn't great as a number of items we were looking for were gone.

We did a small display however it's just not the same without the kids there.

Everyone be safe; we had a couple of close calls on cakes where they disintegrated midway through and sent fireworks at the crowd. Perhaps quality control is down as well; Bling Bling basically exploded and sent stuff everywhere.

Bummed in Missouri...

CK

Mattp
07-02-2022, 07:39 AM
Ya,, this damn virus is still making things suck,,, we have one entire family not making it this year because of it,, and for me the father and son we’re my two biggest helpers.. and yes,, was definitely slimmer pickins this year,, seems like a lot of places finally got shipments in, going as fast as it comes in,, or it’s just too late most of us on here but a few months ahead of time

Rick_In_Tampa
07-07-2022, 08:39 PM
Yikes. Sorry to hear that. But look at the bright side. Now you'll have enough stuff to do a big New Years Eve show! ;)

Birdman
07-07-2022, 09:39 PM
Yikes. Sorry to hear that. But look at the bright side. Now you'll have enough stuff to do a big New Years Eve show! ;)

When my show was up in the air the thing that kept me from being totally bummed about it was knowing it just meant a bigger show was to come.

Rick_In_Tampa
07-11-2022, 10:19 PM
There ya go! Got to see the bright side in things. (Says the guy with smoke coming out of his ears when things don't go right!)