PDA

View Full Version : Handfired shows July 4th session 2022

Tandrea King
07-01-2022, 12:35 AM
Hi, my name is tandrea king. I live in gadsden, alabama. I'm a pyrotechnician for more than 1 display company. I've been shooting 1.3 fireworks since 2017. I

I got 3 handfired shows under my belt and allot of electric shows under my belt. I need more handfired shows under my belt and I want to handfire more. I enjoy handfiring more than electric shows. Handfiring is very fun to me and I love it. I'd like to get on some crews this July 4th season. The shows that I was supposed to shoot in Georgia has been canceled because of upcoming bad weather. I don't mind traveling ANYWHERE to handfire. I got my own safety gear. if ANYBODY knows of anybody and any crews that still handfires 1.3 shows and/or need help with their andfired shows, please message me here or call me on my cellphone anytime at (256)553-2117.

Because of the the shows that I was supposed to shoot this July 4th season has been canceled, and the crews for the display companies that I work for is full, there's nothing for me to shoot this season. Not only that, I don't have family to celebrate holidays with and it really hurts me to be at home alone on the holidays. I'd rather be somewhere shooting shows, especially handfiring, than to be at home alone.

Thank you.

215less
07-01-2022, 11:29 PM
Hand fired shows seam to becoming a thing of the past but was happy recently to participate in one and was awesome. I’m glad to have at least 1 under my belt. Everything I do for the company I work for is ether a big cobra system show or a star fire system show. Cobra really has been cornering the market with an amazing system.

Best of luck with finding work.

Tandrea King
07-04-2022, 01:33 AM
Electric shows are boring to me, very boring. I bout had enough of electric shows. Doing them gets old real quick, it's no fun being a spectator, and electric is like car production. Handfiring to me is alot more fun than electric shows. I will leave the professional fireworks industry when handfiring becomes 100% illegal in the US, and it shouldn't be illegal. If folks don't have the balls to do it nor have it takes to handfire, they need to stick with doing electric shows. Technology sucks and its taking over everything. Techs that have been handfiring their whole pyro career is either retiring, quitting or finding other techs that still handfires shows. Handfiring to be kept alive forever.

shake the cove
07-06-2022, 12:45 PM
Not sure if you are with Pyro Productions in Alabama if not get in touch with charles there. There may be more shows for this year but as 215 says very few shows left to hand fire maybe less than a $10,000show. I have not also seen ready boxes or reloading in over 20 years. It is getting risky for personnel to be near the main body of the shoot site with all the racks and stuff going off. Insurance companies will probably make it go away due to cost to insure. I prefer electric so I can view the show. With hand fire you have to watch for racks or other things to trip over ,the lit fusee..is bright you barely have time to turn before shell goes off and you cannot usually watch the shell go off. But to each his own, we all shoot for different reasons. What was that quote"i love the smell of napalm in the morning"....LOL