PDA

View Full Version : Howdy

Walt
06-28-2022, 09:47 AM
Hey all,

I've been a pyro since I was about 8 years old. Used to grab all the empty tubes I could find around the neighborhood, fill them with sand, and throw them in the air on the 5th and imagine they were fireworks going off. Fast forward a few years, and the hobby has grown.

Spent many years doing a "guerilla" show where I would watch a local beachfront owner light $1-$2k worth of product without ever really doing a proper finale. I would bring a few mortar racks, dig a shooting position down into the sand with a big berm, and shoot a finale after their show. Took great pleasure in getting more love from the crowd but spending only a fraction of the cost. Eventually I got tired of digging that berm and being paranoid about not having proper distances, so I made friends with the beach house owner, and brought my mortar racks to collaborate and do a finale for their show. It worked out so well, they passed the torch to me, and now I have done the whole show with their financial backing for the past couple years. Safe distances, less digging, more fun!

This year I am taking the leap and firing the whole show with a Bilusocn system. Direct matched to the lifts. Something like 120 cakes, 250 shells, across a 5 position forward front.

Looking forward to a great show this year and taking part in this community on the forums. I have some ideas about improving the bilusocn system, as well as aspirations to finally get PGI certified, if not more.

- Walt

Engineer Cat
06-28-2022, 12:13 PM
Welcome to the forum Walt. Take video of your show. We'll have a thread going at some point with everyone posting their shows in there.

Okimarine
06-29-2022, 01:33 PM
Welcome aboard Walt. Alot of knowledgeable folks on here that have helped me out alot the last couple years. I started off with the Bilusocn system a couple years ago, upgraded to fireTek this year. I started with consumer items and just last year got my type 54 to purchase and use the 1.3 items. Its an expensive hobby right now but nothing else I enjoy is anywhere near as exciting. Where are you from?

Walt
06-29-2022, 04:50 PM
Welcome to the forum Walt. Take video of your show. We'll have a thread going at some point with everyone posting their shows in there.

Will do, I should have a drone in the air as well. I am really curious to see how close I come to what I picture in my head as I have been mapping it out.

Welcome aboard Walt. Alot of knowledgeable folks on here that have helped me out alot the last couple years. I started off with the Bilusocn system a couple years ago, upgraded to fireTek this year. I started with consumer items and just last year got my type 54 to purchase and use the 1.3 items. Its an expensive hobby right now but nothing else I enjoy is anywhere near as exciting. Where are you from?

It helps that I have financial backing, but you know how addictive it is. I never stay on budget and always end up expanding my infrastructure and adding more product to the stash.

I am from east coast, MA to be specific. That's part of why I want to get my PGI cert and or Type 54. Eventually I'd love to do small displays for hire so that I don't have to just do one shoot on the 4th and always be looking over my shoulder. I am pretty sure even with just a PGI cert I can pull permits from the fire marshal for 1.4G.