PDA

View Full Version : Fireworks Home Raided by Police

FinnAmerican
06-25-2022, 04:16 PM
https://youtu.be/fzBVVk1fbts

displayfireworks1
06-25-2022, 06:29 PM
Good find on this story. It looks like this situation is located near San Francisco California. Unless there is part of the story we are missing , these people were using only "Safe and Sane" fireworks. Remember in my prior videos. California allows ground based pyro to be sold but does not allow anything else that as they say goes up or blows up. These cops have guns on these poor people. Look at the little child with his hands up.

Arclight
06-25-2022, 10:55 PM
So basically, they're saying folks in this great state should continue to buy from the sketchy guy driving around in a van.

jamisonlm3
06-26-2022, 01:53 AM
I've looked at a couple of articles about this and they apparently deployed nonlethal rounds on their dog and confiscated their $5k stash of safe and sane fireworks. I just have to shake my head at this. You had to go in with guns drawn, but couldn't just knock on the door and ask them to step out? I mean, they might have worked with you, but no, come out with your hands up.

Engineer Cat
06-26-2022, 03:30 AM
I've looked at a couple of articles about this and they apparently deployed nonlethal rounds on their dog and confiscated their $5k stash of safe and sane fireworks. I just have to shake my head at this. You had to go in with guns drawn, but couldn't just knock on the door and ask them to step out? I mean, they might have worked with you, but no, come out with your hands up.

Sounds like the only people that had their lives at risk with "safe and sane" fireworks were the family while itchy trigger finger cops held them hostage.

PyroMike79
06-26-2022, 10:11 PM
Very disturbing story. Something could have gone horribly wrong in a raid of that nature. These people deserve an apology, the return of their property, and a big check!

jamisonlm3
06-27-2022, 12:26 AM
The sad thing is, california has a list of approved fireworks and only those are legal for people to buy and use. Even if they purchased fountains and ground based items, if they aren't on that list, they're basically illegal. So, if stuff that was taken by the police wasn't on that list, they'll point to it and use it as justification for what they did. They'll point out that all they were doing is removing dangerous and illegal fireworks to keep people safe and that their methods are justified because of that family's history along with the fact they knew they had firearms. So, at the end of they day, they did nothing wrong.

215less
07-01-2022, 11:52 PM
I will agree and think it’s a bit overkill BUT remember. Most that state is a giant extremely dry tinder box with windy conditions that can last for months. I understand too why it’s a big deal.

I have no dog in this fight. Lol

PuffyElvis
07-19-2022, 02:16 PM
They did apparently posses some illegal fireworks in their garage. That said, executing what looked like a high risk warrant for what is a simple ticketable offense in other parts of the country is the real offense here.

jamisonlm3
07-19-2022, 07:35 PM
That doesn't surprise me. I looked at california's list of approved fireworks and I can say, that if any item is not tnt, phantom, dfs, jake's fireworks or showtime branded, it's basically illegal. I don't think you will not find any winda or brothers or any other brand of fireworks in california legally. I wonder if they thought they were fine since they had fountains and other stuff with the safe and sane logo on them. I mean, they've might have been fine in years past, but it looks like california is taking a 0 tolerance approach to this.

Blackdevil77
07-28-2022, 07:37 AM
Illegal fireworks or not, this does not seem like the right approach for a regular family with children. It's not like this was a drug dealer house or someone selling illegal guns. It's fireworks for Gods sake...