PDA

View Full Version : Question: 7-inch shells

RalphieJ
06-24-2022, 06:33 PM
Is $149.49 for a box of 24 7-inch shells a good price? I don't get the benefit of a longer shell if the weight of the comp is limited to the same as a 4 or 5 inch..

Jay_
06-24-2022, 07:02 PM
It depends on what they are.

There are a couple of 7 inchers out there right now that are unbelievable and outperform all other canister shells. I would expect the top quality ones to be north of $149.99 in todays market though.

With that being said, there are also several 6 and 7 inch shells out there that are no better than any 4 or 5 inch shell. Again, just depends on what you are looking at.

topshelfpyro
06-24-2022, 07:29 PM
It's just more cardboard........

Scotty Rockets
06-24-2022, 07:45 PM
60g of total composition fits a 1.75” x 4” canister shell and that is the maximum legal limit. However the manufacturers are sticking the premium effects in the longer shells, whereas the 4” tall get all the effects that have been around for years.

displayfireworks1
06-24-2022, 08:08 PM
These larger canister shells sometimes have plastic pieces in them to create a double break or some other effect. And then other times they are just larger with no special effect. Sometimes you get something extra and sometimes you get the same old BS. If you have funds to experiment , try something different , if you funds are limited go with what you know from prior years.

jknepp1954
06-25-2022, 07:51 AM
We just got in a kit called "TANK BUSTERS" from Winda. Its a variety pk of 5", 6", and 7" can shells. 5s are single breaks, 6s, are double breaks, and 7s are triple breaks - selling like hotcakes

displayfireworks1
06-25-2022, 08:25 AM
There are some sample Winda products making it my way. As of now they are somewhere in PA. I have no idea what is being sent until it arrives. Perhaps these shells will be part of it.

jamisonlm3
06-25-2022, 02:30 PM
Is $149.49 for a box of 24 7-inch shells a good price? I don't get the benefit of a longer shell if the weight of the comp is limited to the same as a 4 or 5 inch..Like others have said, the limit for a consumer shell is 60g and a 4" shell can hold that with no problem. Single break shells longer than 4" are pointless and nothing but marketing. Multi-break canister shell need to be longer because they are a shell with another, slightly smaller shell inside. Ring pattern shells also need to be slightly longer because of the way the burst and stars area arranged.

Rick_In_Tampa
07-01-2022, 04:54 PM
These larger canister shells sometimes have plastic pieces in them to create a double break or some other effect.

I cut open a "60g can" that didn't fire from last year, and I found a double break ball shell inside the outer layer. Boy did I get ripped off on that lot.