PDA

View Full Version : testing a few of my sequencers

hatsgoods
06-24-2022, 03:18 AM
getting ready for the fourth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ig3aLjxqrg .

Engineer Cat
06-24-2022, 10:42 AM
I'm getting 1 or 2 of these for next year. Will make it so much easier to handle the cans.

If I understand it correctly I would just use some scab wire from the cue on the firing module and connect it to the 2 wire connection on the sequencer and when fired it starts the sequence I programmed for those 12 cues correct?

Birdman
06-24-2022, 12:15 PM
I'm getting 1 or 2 of these for next year. Will make it so much easier to handle the cans.

If I understand it correctly I would just use some scab wire from the cue on the firing module and connect it to the 2 wire connection on the sequencer and when fired it starts the sequence I programmed for those 12 cues correct?

I was thinking the same. I've always wanted to wire all of my cans but couldn't justify the cost of adding more mods for that purpose. Also, I can see using these for single shot and slices that can chew up a lot cues rather quickly. Also nice if you want fire a bunch of small cakes closely timed together.

If I understand how they work correctly too, yes, that's how they work. What I like is that you can have the cues fire in sequence with timed spacing between each "event" but you can fire in step. That means you can script a cue to fire multiple times during a show and each time it will fire the next cue in the sequence and wait for the signal from your mod to fire the next. It essentially turns one cue into 12. The only thing I'm thinking could be a con is how it effects a mods ability to report continuity, cues fired/not fired etc. But I don't see that being a deal breaker. A couple of these are already in my budget for next year.

Engineer Cat
06-24-2022, 12:42 PM
Yea I was wondering about that. If once it fires that cue in step will the FM accept that that cue is still active and fire it the next time it shows up in the timeline? Really handy piece of equipment if though.

hatsgoods
06-24-2022, 01:59 PM

yes but the system to trigger it must be 8.5 volt to 24 volts

Birdman
06-24-2022, 03:25 PM
So I just tested with my Cobra and it appears it doesn't like a script where a cue fires more than once. I rushed it so maybe there was something wrong with the test script but I don't think so. It appears step sequencing won;t work with Cobra at least.

Jay_
06-24-2022, 05:02 PM
So I just tested with my Cobra and it appears it doesn't like a script where a cue fires more than once. I rushed it so maybe there was something wrong with the test script but I don't think so. It appears step sequencing won;t work with Cobra at least.

The refire will work with cobra, but you have to upgrade your firmware to 6.0 to make the magic happen.

When that is done, the best advise I can give is to test test test. The step mode works fine, but it seems like it wants a little bit of time between cues. When I tried it at .2 it did not work. Fired first cue on seq and then stopped. Then I changed time in the script to .4 and it worked just fine.

It could possibly be a trigger voltage thing but I was using a LIPO module on a slat to trigger with last year's charge, but have not done enough testing to know for sure.

To be clear, the sequencer will complete a 1-12 sequenced cue fire in less than .4 with a single trigger while in sequence mode, but I didn't have any luck trying to step it with my cobra at under .4. YMMV