PDA

View Full Version : based on the market now, is there any gpod news?

Icooclast
06-20-2022, 09:52 PM
hello. i know it's too early to say for sure, but are there any chances of prices for fireworks' cases and/or retail getting at least a little cheaper in the near future? i hope so, i'm asking, because i really could use some good fireworks related news.

thanks in Advance

PyroFL
06-20-2022, 10:01 PM
With the interdependency of global economics in short the answer is a big fat “NO”

Your seeing the low prices now with no expectancy of price decrease anytime in the near future

Sadly …

Jay_
06-20-2022, 10:12 PM
So on my wholesale order the prices of some of the product that arrived in Late may/early June was a little lower.

Seems like the stuff from Red Lantern, Miracle, and some of the brothers stuff was a little less expensive. I read conflicting stories about the cost of shipping decreasing a bit...but I don't know what is true and what is not true.

The Dominator/Cutting edge/World class stuff seemed to be still sky high.

I doubt very seriously that it has anything to do with the manufacturer, rather where it came from and when it shipped that is making the difference. Of course this is all a hunch.

Its funny, because most of the bangers that I have picked up this year are within 10-15% of what I gave for them back in 2018/2019. I understand that there is much more price gouging in that market and probably more room to absorb a little cost to make the price a little more reasonable.

That's just my experience with it this year anyway.

PyroMike79
06-20-2022, 10:30 PM
From what I have been told, the vast bulk of the price increase we have seen is a result of supply chain issues. It costs more to ship the fireworks from China and it costs more to truck those fireworks across the United States. As long as those issues exist, prices will continue to remain high. At some point, I think the shipping costs will drop down-significantly, but not to where they were 3 years ago. When that occurs, prices will drop. I doubt we will ever see 2019 prices again, but I think the markup on those prices will be more reasonable. People would not like a 15-20% increase in price, but that is at least manageable. The issue is when prices are up 100-150%. That level chases people away from buying any product-particularly a luxury good like fireworks. For instance, a case of shells that was $140 wholesale could be $175-$200 and people would still buy. Take that same $140 case and make it $320 and people will keep their money in their wallets. I believe the industry is intelligent enough to know that it could price itself out of existence. As a result, I believe prices will see a decline, but it may take a couple of years to happen. Just my two cents.

esgrillo
06-21-2022, 12:55 AM
Ocean frieght costs are starting to drop based on my recent shipments for my non fireworks business.

jknepp1954
06-21-2022, 03:56 PM
fireworks frieght here has remained the same - had 3 loads in 1 month - So i don't know where going down at.....
Having said that a couple of the Chinese companies has said supply pricing has went UP in China - which means our FOB pricing will be up 10 to 15%....Sorry to be the bearer of Bad news