PDA

View Full Version : question about spanish crackers

fattusthecattus
06-19-2022, 08:31 PM
recently i have been making Spanish firecrackers and following the instructions of all of the videos I can find and while they are very loud and seem to work, the main tubes in the middle of the firecrackers don't explode. instead, only the twisted ends rip off but I still find the tubes in one piece. is this normal? are Spanish crackers supposed to work like that? if I'm doing something wrong pls let me know. Thank you.

displayfireworks1
06-19-2022, 10:01 PM
Since this is your first post and you are trying to make firecrackers plus I have no idea what composition you are using. In addition I suspect you are underage. We are not going to lead you into danger. If you want to know who was using the right composition , it was probably the recent post from St Louis. Go buy same canister artillery shells and shoot them out of mortars. Lots of fun and good sound.

Jay_
06-19-2022, 10:35 PM
If you want to know who was using the right composition , it was probably the recent post from St Louis.

I am humored sir. I feel like its wrong to be humored, but I just cant help myself. :)

Engineer Cat
06-19-2022, 10:48 PM
Since this is your first post and you are trying to make firecrackers plus I have no idea what composition you are using. In addition I suspect you are underage. We are not going to lead you into danger. If you want to know who was using the right composition , it was probably the recent post from St Louis. Go buy same canister artillery shells and shoot them out of mortars. Lots of fun and good sound.

:D fantastic reply.

fattusthecattus
06-19-2022, 11:04 PM
I very much respect that you do not want to help somebody who is inexperienced blow his hand off making dangerous fireworks. I am not asking how to make flash because I know my flash is more than good enough, i am using 50/50 perchlorate to 5 micron aluminum(not dark) which burns extremely quickly, even producing a sizeable thump when burned outside of a casing. i have been committed to this hobby for about 6 years now, in that time i have made plenty of successful fireworks. But I have only recently started making Spanish crackers and i am simply curious if Spanish crackers are supposed to work like this because i find it odd that the main tube would remain intact after the explosion.

displayfireworks1
06-20-2022, 07:06 PM
Maybe I am missing something with the Spanish Firecrackers. To me it is regular larger firecracker with some paper tail on it to hang it on something and possible fast fuse it. It appears to be an M-80 cardboard tube with a paper facade around it. Without talking about how to make one , tell me what differentiates a Spanish Firecrackers from a regular larger cardboard tube firecracker.

fattusthecattus
06-21-2022, 01:19 AM
the difference is that there are no clay plugs in the ends of the main tube, in fact, I don't think there are any plugs at all other than the twisted paper lobster tail on the ends tied off with string. other than that, I do not think there are any other differences

FinnAmerican
06-21-2022, 11:24 AM
If you like "Spanish Crackers" and want to be safe. I suggest that you go to your local Phantom fireworks, pick up some single "Legal" firecrackers and wrap them in a paper triangle!

RalphieJ
06-21-2022, 08:57 PM
Hmmmm......Not having ever seen any, I'm wondering if Spanish crackers are constructed like Hitt's Flashcracka salutes?

wingman
06-21-2022, 10:33 PM
Hmmmm......Not having ever seen any, I'm wondering if Spanish crackers are constructed like Hitt's Flashcracka salutes?

My cousins live in Spain, and can tell you without a doubt that Spanish crackers are unique in that there are zero end plugs. Just a tube wrapped in Kraft type paper, twisted and tied off with twine on each end. Ol' Hitt had it right by employing a flash bag in the middle of a tube, but the Spaniards went further in using nothing in between. They are often called Toffee crackers because they look like a rolled up piece of candy.

fattusthecattus
06-21-2022, 11:13 PM
My cousins live in Spain, and can tell you without a doubt that Spanish crackers are unique in that there are zero end plugs. Just a tube wrapped in Kraft type paper, twisted and tied off with twine on each end. Ol' Hitt had it right by employing a flash bag in the middle of a tube, but the Spaniards went further in using nothing in between. They are often called Toffee crackers because they look like a rolled up piece of candy.

so do you know if that's how they are supposed to work? or are the tubes supposed to tear apart as well?

fattusthecattus
06-21-2022, 11:22 PM
If you like "Spanish Crackers" and want to be safe. I suggest that you go to your local Phantom fireworks, pick up some single "Legal" firecrackers and wrap them in a paper triangle!

sorry man, with all due respect, I will never shop at phantom. I've had nothing but bad experiences with them. in fact I helped run a tent for them one year and felt bad selling the product to people knowing how much of a rip-off it was. they were charging like 6 bucks for a pack of six of the cheap smokeballs, and mini ball shell kits were like 40. no offense to anyone who does like phantom, but they suck.
Honestly, in my experience, if you want good prices and well made fireworks, check out the following...
Winda, Dominator, Cutting edge, Black cat, World class, pyro predator, and t-sky.

Birdman
06-22-2022, 10:00 AM
sorry man, with all due respect, I will never shop at phantom. I've had nothing but bad experiences with them. in fact I helped run a tent for them one year and felt bad selling the product to people knowing how much of a rip-off it was. they were charging like 6 bucks for a pack of six of the cheap smokeballs, and mini ball shell kits were like 40. no offense to anyone who does like phantom, but they suck.
Honestly, in my experience, if you want good prices and well made fireworks, check out the following...
Winda, Dominator, Cutting edge, Black cat, World class, pyro predator, and t-sky.

Brand doesn't matter as much as where/when you shop.