PDA

View Full Version : Help with Georgia License

yimla
06-18-2022, 11:08 PM
Hello I am from central Georgia and was looking at getting my display fireworks license after years of commercial fireworks both with long fuse and electronic. I was planning to buy the ATF License package available here to walk me through the federal license however I am finding out after some research that Georgia requires a local license which I would have to apply for first.

I was hoping there might be someone here who could shine some light on the state information or at least point me in the right direction. I am finding multiple locations with conflicting information ranging from just getting a permit 10 days prior to having a $1500-$5000 yearly license fee. The state website that I found for applying for a license seems to have moved the fireworks information to a new portal with no link.

I also am starting to notice that there are not many locations that would be able to be used as a contingency storage for south of Atlanta. If anyone knows of any I would appreciate the tip. If someone near Atlanta had to build a magazine because of no available locations that would be useful information so that I can plan ahead knowing I will have to have one.

yimla
06-18-2022, 11:50 PM
Since posting this I have also found this https://www.americanpyro.com/assets/docs/StateDisplay/GEORGIA%20Display.pdf from the american pyro association that seems to state that Georgia does not even have a state license. So I am a bit confused but have seen other people on the forum who have their ATF license so hopefully someone is able to help.

Okimarine
06-19-2022, 10:39 AM
I'm not from Georgia but found some of the references you mentioned with the $1500.00 pricetag. If I were you, I'd contact the state fire marshal directly, they are the ones you will be sending your applications to anway. State regulations or requirements can be updated and not necessarily reflected immediately by 3rd party websites.

displayfireworks1
06-19-2022, 12:12 PM
Don't "Plan" on buying my ATF DVD/Application package. Buy it. It is either that or we going to type 65 paragraphs , and then you will have more 65 more questions. It will go out in the mail Tuesday because Monday is a Federal Holiday.
https://www.pyrotalk.com/shopping.php