PDA

View Full Version : Stop Staring At My Rack

TheGimpCB
06-13-2022, 06:49 PM
Wahahaha All joking aside as I'm working on my racks my neighbors are coming by and and staring at them. I'm almost done fusing mortars and then I can start my cake boards. I just wanted to share them.62516252

Icooclast
06-13-2022, 08:52 PM
Wahahaha All joking aside as I'm working on my racks my neighbors are coming by and and staring at them. I'm almost done fusing mortars and then I can start my cake boards. I just wanted to share them.62516252

pretty cool gimp. like the patriotic(ness) of them (for lack of a better term) normally i frown on patriotism and it's near constant amounts of ANY country constantly patting it's self on the back for no-so-much. HOW EVER; i make exceptions for fire, since it to celebrate our country's freedom, and yadayada. i give the red white and blue colors a pass. sadly you can't find too many cakes that are red white and blue effects without other colors in there. but i love those 750 shot SMB's that look like the US flag. talk about a good marketing plan and shelf appeal. so, like i said nice job, man.

what are the ones half in the pic going left to right?

TheGimpCB
06-13-2022, 09:10 PM
Those are the countdown racks they will be angled left and right off the center before the mortars start.
Here's a picture of them 6254

Icooclast
06-14-2022, 01:54 AM
that looks cool. i wish everyone a happy 4th and the one's who are doing shows, i wish you good luck

Firelinx
06-14-2022, 10:40 AM
These look amazing, great job! :)

Engineer Cat
06-14-2022, 11:25 AM
Well when you put them out there on display it's hard not to look. :D

absolute42
06-15-2022, 09:41 AM
very nice!

absolute42
06-15-2022, 09:42 AM
pretty cool gimp. like the patriotic(ness) of them (for lack of a better term) normally i frown on patriotism and it's near constant amounts of ANY country constantly patting it's self on the back for no-so-much. HOW EVER; i make exceptions for fire, since it to celebrate our country's freedom, and yadayada. i give the red white and blue colors a pass. sadly you can't find too many cakes that are red white and blue effects without other colors in there. but i love those 750 shot SMB's that look like the US flag. talk about a good marketing plan and shelf appeal. so, like i said nice job, man.

what are the ones half in the pic going left to right?

haha totally agree. This is why I never like patriotic music in my pyromusicals either, just play some classic pop or rock stuff everyone knows. I always see great pyromusicals get ruined because music sucks, all they play is toby keith

Engineer Cat
06-15-2022, 11:35 AM
It sounds weird to say I frown on patriotism, but I do too. It doesn't mean you don't love the USA or our service men and women that protect us. I fly the flag on the important holidays. I just think it's to cult like to have to sing to or praise the national anthem. I think about people from North Korea or Russia doing the same for their country and I just think "man this is all propaganda".

The colors do look good though. I like em.

Icooclast
06-15-2022, 07:34 PM
glad to see i am not the only one who feels that way. *phew*

TheGimpCB
06-15-2022, 08:16 PM
Well I guess the military tribute 21gun mortar box is probably pretty extreme for some of you guys.
As a third generation sailor and a combat engineer with 4 tours who came home paralyzed I'm proud of the Red White and Blue. I went to war with our flag on my shoulder and old glory is in my front yard day and night. America is the greatest country in the world. Put some Red White and Blue in your life.6265

Rick_In_Tampa
06-15-2022, 08:26 PM
Well I guess the military tribute 21gun mortar box is probably pretty extreme for some of you guys.
As a third generation sailor and a combat engineer with 4 tours who came home paralyzed I'm proud of the Red White and Blue. I went to war with our flag on my shoulder and old glory is in my front yard day and night. America is the greatest country in the world. Put some Red White and Blue in your life.6265

Amen to that brother! Thank you for your service and for your sacrifice. I did 22 in the Air Force and thankfully came through it okay. What I did get was a greater appreciation for our country and our way of life. I seriously don't want to start a pissing contest with anyone on here, so I'll keep my opinions on certain posts to myself. Suffice it to say, I'm with you on the patriotism position. Hope you have a great July 4th!

Engineer Cat
06-16-2022, 04:24 AM
First I want to thank both of you for your service to our country and sacrificing yourselves for all of us. I, in no way, was trying to offend either of you for your love of the country or anyone else for that matter. I sincerely apologize. You guys are the true meaning of patriots. No civilian can truly understand how you define that word when you are sacrificing years of your lives for us and the country in the service., I don't feel a civilian can be a true patriot unless he/she makes the sacrifices that you both have done.

My wording may not have been the best way to describe my civilian view of "Patriotism". I was trying to say that I just find it weird as a civilian to be told how I need to show my affection to the country and how I compare it with other countries telling their civilian population how to show their love for their country. I was using the word Patriotism as a general analogy to describe the government telling someone how they should think about their country which is why I mentioned it feels like propaganda. Clearly my wording was terrible.

As I said before. I love this country. I love the red, white and blue. The dock we are shooting the show from this year has the flag painted on it. I vote (for better or worse). I fly the flag. I saw GimpCB's racks and said "damn I need to paint my racks red, white and blue". I do show my patriotism throughout the year, I just don't like being told how I'm supposed to do that.

Again my apologies for writing my post in a way that gave you guys the impression that I'm anti patriot. It was absolutely piss poor wording and it bothers me that you are offended by this because that was truly not my intention.:(

PyroWalker
06-16-2022, 09:06 AM
"Originally Posted by TheGimpCB--
As a third generation sailor and a combat engineer with 4 tours who came home paralyzed I'm proud of the Red White and Blue. I went to war with our flag on my shoulder and old glory is in my front yard day and night. America is the greatest country in the world. Put some Red White and Blue in your life."

Thank you for your service. I love my country, what our flag stands for, and the patriotic spirit that keeps our freedoms.

Lonely Bros Pyros
06-16-2022, 10:35 AM
Our red, white & blue section. We thank everyone for their service. 6266

Icooclast
06-16-2022, 03:51 PM
i in no means meant anything bad to the troops and such, my dad is a vietnam vet. a combat engineer. uncle as well (he was in antartica on an ice breaker during nam) and to be honest i think they went through hell. they won't talk about it much, hardly at all actually. and i do appreciate your service. but you need to remember (as most don't seem like they do)

those freedoms don't come for just the people on your side of the fence, but everyone behind every fence. there was this famous quote, can't remember who from but it went something like "i may not like what you say, but i will defend your right to say it"

anyway, back to topic; if you don't want people to stare at them, don't make them so big and colorful. lol. and i like the 21 gun salute one, too. man. nothing wrong with it :)

Rick_In_Tampa
06-16-2022, 08:42 PM
Again my apologies for writing my post in a way that gave you guys the impression that I'm anti patriot. It was absolutely piss poor wording and it bothers me that you are offended by this because that was truly not my intention.:(

EC - Thanks for the post. I agree with you completely that no one should be told or forced to show respect for their country or anything else for that matter. Love of your country should be something you simply feel. Unfortunately, respect and admiration of our country and our way of life is not what our kids are being taught these days. Serving in the military and leaving your family for extended periods of time, probably gives us a different perspective on what it means to be an American. A perspective that most non-military people just can't appreciate. Doesn't make military people any more "special" than everyone else. We just have a different perspective. Lord knows this country has it's issues. But IMHO there is no better country on the planet.

Anyway.... Enough of that. Let's get back to the pyro. :)

Engineer Cat
06-17-2022, 04:18 PM
Anyway.... Enough of that. Let's get back to the pyro. :)

Thanks Rick, I completely agree with you.

PYRODAN
06-26-2022, 06:31 PM
The difference is, they are forced to do it. That said, not a big Toby Keith fan. I do love some John Phillip Sousa though!