PDA

View Full Version : Quickmatch Vs Ematch to Visco Connector Vs Quick Fire LC clips

Pyro Nation
02-22-2012, 05:39 AM
Well, since that time of year is approaching I was wondering on a few things

Everyone knows what Quickmatch is so no need to explain that, but I see a lot of Dave's videos where he uses it to go too Visco from Ematch.
- Does Anyone else?? If so, what is your success to fail rate

Ematch to Visco Connector I used for the first time last year. Worked pretty well I believe, but did have a few issues with the Visco just not catching. Now that could be I didnt expose the fuse enough to make it easier not sure. Wondering if anyone else have used them.

Quickfire LC Clips - they are from Martinez Specialties so you can see them there if ya not sure what they are. They are only designed to fit there ematch heads. Since others have to fat of pyrogen on them. I found I could modify them using a 1/8" drill bit to open them up a bit, but concerned when clamping closed if I may be ruining the pyrogen and may cause a misfire, so a little leary on using them

Thats my rant for now. Anyone with experience or a opinion one way or another. Shout it OUT!!!!

indianahx
02-22-2012, 07:27 AM
Ive done both and had great success. If I'm shooting several cakes in a bundle ill quickmatch all.the viscous to one point, use the penny bucket idea, then have a single piece of.quickmatch ignited by the ematch. If I'm just doing a solo cake ill just use the ematch to visco clips I think pyrodirect sells.

Minishow
02-22-2012, 06:29 PM
I don't know about e-match but I do know if you use consumer ignitors and put a stub of quick fuse between the ignitor and the visco it lights much faster.

indianahx
02-22-2012, 07:51 PM
I don't know about e-match but I do know if you use consumer ignitors and put a stub of quick fuse between the ignitor and the visco it lights much faster.

How reliable is that? All the "talons" I have seen/used just look way too flimsy to put two fuses in. I get shaky as soon as one is in!

Would love to see this done.

Pyro Nation
02-22-2012, 09:34 PM

When I was messing with Igniter clips that is exactly what I did to ensure the fuse on the cake would ignite to set it off

NW Fireworks Lover
02-23-2012, 01:43 AM
How reliable is that? All the "talons" I have seen/used just look way too flimsy to put two fuses in. I get shaky as soon as one is in!

Would love to see this done.

I think what the OP means is to put some of the grey quick fuse in the talon to make ignition easier then tape it to the visco fuse outside of the talon, not to put 2 fuses in the clip at the same time. I have tried this method and it increases the reliability of the clip igniters. Ematches are so much easier tho...

Pyro Nation
02-23-2012, 02:02 AM
I think what the OP means is to put some of the grey quick fuse in the talon to make ignition easier then tape it to the visco fuse outside of the talon, not to put 2 fuses in the clip at the same time. I have tried this method and it increases the reliability of the clip igniters. Ematches are so much easier tho...

AMEN on the ematches... Everyone needs to get to that point!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Minishow
02-23-2012, 01:39 PM
Yea NW Fireworks Lover explained it better, sorry for the late response.