PDA

View Full Version : Speed balls / flying blooms how they work

Engineer Cat
06-12-2022, 10:09 PM
I found this video about speed balls which is one of my favorite novelty items. I think they cost like 88 cents for a pack of 6. I often wondered how exactly they take flight when they make other items like it that have wings to get it into the air.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szRgO5Cj3CE

Mattp
06-12-2022, 11:13 PM
I always have a pack of these ,, they are alot of fun .. pretty cool video

FinnAmerican
06-13-2022, 08:09 PM
I have a box of Darts by Dominator and Jumbo Jumping Jacks by Phantom, all the same thing. Real good fun.

displayfireworks1
06-13-2022, 08:43 PM
I see that video is from a YouTube channel I knew in the first few years of my posting on YouTube. He went from making fireworks into much much more. We communicated frequently back then. Without revealing the finer details , he was obtaining and experimenting with reactive chemistry before he was 18. An example of not all teenage pyro experimentation leads to injury or destructive events. He helped me gain subscribers , I still have him listed as a recommended channel. I was happy to see his YouTube channel take off the way it did. He occasional come back to his love of pyro around the July 4th holiday.

Engineer Cat
06-14-2022, 12:32 AM
He's a very smart guy. He has many good videos that aren't related to fireworks but more toward understanding science.

Those Senko Hanabi are pretty fascinating. I don't think I can roll those that tight to make it work properly.

Very cool to know you guys shared some communication at some point.