View Full Version : Columbus, Worthington restrict fireworks despite Ohio law

Engineer Cat
06-07-2022, 11:52 AM
https://www.nbc4i.com/news/local-news/columbus/columbus-worthington-restrict-fireworks-despite-ohio-law/

jamisonlm3
06-07-2022, 03:31 PM
This doesn't surprise me at all. It's the same way here. Cities ban them, but the state allows them. I wish it was at least legal to have them, but not use them. A flat out ban is what I dislike and think is wrong. Then again, I wish we could use them too. A ban affects every day of the year, but fireworks are only really used 2 days out of the year here. Why can't some exceptions be made?

displayfireworks1
06-08-2022, 07:05 AM
When Ohio went legal and they added in that locals could exempt themselves I knew the rest of the story. What is in for them to allow it. I don't think people that sell fireworks care too much about it. People in these exempt areas can still drive across city limits and purchase them in a legal area. Its bad for users, there are stories in other states where the exempt area police stake out the main road entering the exempt city limits.They look for vehicles with visible labels and pull the vehicle over.

Wholesale Fireworks
06-08-2022, 06:17 PM
All I can say is that they were illegal last year and it did not stop those residents form using fireworks. I am confident it wont stop them this year either