PDA

View Full Version : Cleveland OH - If anyone needs to borrow a re-programmer

Bitzan
06-05-2022, 12:35 PM
Friends,
I live on the west side of Cleveland (Avon to be exact). If you need to use a current Cobra COBRA Wireless Reprogrammer I am happy to loan you mine. Doesn't make sense for 10 of us that all live within a few miles of each other to own these things. Just let me know.
- John

Mattp
06-12-2022, 11:12 PM
That’s a very nice offer,, wish I lived closer ,, I was just thinking about this,, I feel cobra should consider to rent these out,, mail them out,, and then we mail them back when done,, I do want to update my system,, but don’t want to spend 100$ on the reprogrammer.. but I will probably do in the spring .. lol

retlawman344
07-24-2022, 12:53 PM
John....Sounds like you know more than I do. I bought the Cobra system years ago and the only thing I ever did was add a 4th module. Think I operate on version 2.1.1? If that sounds right. I do nothing fancy. Have large 4th party and when it gets dark I kick back and use 2 modules to shoot off cakes and reload mortars, the last two modules are the grand finale that is pretty cool. I'm experimenting now with the new MJG ignitors and arming them direct to the cake just to see how that works for me.
So my question is, is there any advantage for me to update/reprogram my system? Or does the old rule of,"if it ain't broke don't fix it" apply?

Tom T
Grafton, Ohio

PYRODAN
08-21-2022, 07:14 PM
John....Sounds like you know more than I do. I bought the Cobra system years ago and the only thing I ever did was add a 4th module. Think I operate on version 2.1.1? If that sounds right. I do nothing fancy. Have large 4th party and when it gets dark I kick back and use 2 modules to shoot off cakes and reload mortars, the last two modules are the grand finale that is pretty cool. I'm experimenting now with the new MJG ignitors and arming them direct to the cake just to see how that works for me.
So my question is, is there any advantage for me to update/reprogram my system? Or does the old rule of,"if it ain't broke don't fix it" apply?

Tom T
Grafton, Ohio

If I may interject; If your system is working and doing everything you want problem free, I would leave it alone. I am running 5.1.2 I think. I updated a few years ago from 3 something for a reason I don't remember. But I did need to do it. Also, depending on the age and hardware version your remote is, you may or may not be able to go to a higher firmware version.