PDA

View Full Version : 1.5" OUTSIDE DIAMETER Pre-Loads - How to rack?

Bitzan
06-05-2022, 12:21 PM
Friends,
I intend to buy a couple hundred of these preloaded 1.5" OUTSIDE diameter shells (ported for e-fire from the bottom). The goal here is to fire them in rapid sequence as a finale (yes, I will use a few along the way but most as described). Most likely just running fuse into the eport. The goal here is to fire them in rapid sequence as a finale (yes, I will use a few along the way but most as described).

I had hoped that they would fit nicely on a 2x2 board and I could quickly make some nice light racks and attach them together. They are just a touch too wide. Apparently 2x2 are now narrower that 1.5".

I have thought about duct taping them together in groups of 12 and staking them in the ground.

I have thought about jamming 50 of them into a milk crate.

I often find however that if I rely only on myself for ideas I miss the best ideas! What would you do?

PS - First person that replies with "buy a 100 shot cake with similar effects" wins the contest BUT there is a long story why that route is not in play at this time.

jdels
06-05-2022, 12:44 PM
I typically use hot glue for those types of things. Quality gun with the 3/8 sticks. Lay ten out, three four blobs in the seams, let dry then flip over and hit the other side. After you make ten glue those together for a nice 10x10 cake. The fuse job is where your time will be. A solidly glued up 100 that you can move around easily to fuse would be worth the effort IMO.

Scotty Rockets
06-05-2022, 05:58 PM
They're 3 options for you, Pyro-lamas (pictured), other single shot racks on the market like craigco or build a custom wood trough made to fit the OD.

PYRODAN
06-30-2022, 08:50 PM

This is a rack I made for Dominator single shots.